•1•

"Normani, it's the first day of College, lighten up!" Camila said to her best friend as they walked through the halls of the new college they had each gotten accepted to. It was early September, they'd visited the campus a few times, but only now did they really have to deal with going through classes, and being more formally introduced to their teachers.

"I'm not down Mila, Just a tad bit anxious is all, the last time I stepped in front of a teacher was 3 months ago, and it wasn't on a good note." Normani sighed out as she and Camila searched for their shared dorm room. The last time Normani had been in front of a teacher was the final day of school before graduation. She had used some choice words at her Science instructor after he'd let out a racial slur. She ended up being sent to the office and was lectured on the importance of ignoring ignorance in racist people, which was really hard for her to comprehend seeing as she was very outspoken and defensive over her race.

The two girls stepped in front of their dorm room labeled 306, Camila fumbled with the keys trying to find the correct one when Normani heard something from down the carpeted hallway of the large college. She turned her head to see a girl, about the same height as Camila laughing with a couple of other kids down the hall. Normani looked at her closer, observing how the vain showed up in her neck each time she let out a laugh, how every few seconds she would run her fingers through her hair moving it out of her face. Normani was intrigued by her, how her clothes seemed to fit her body in the perfect way, how her fashion sense seemed hipster or lightly grunge. Normani noticed how the girl threw her head back a few times covering her mouth laughing. Normani couldn't stop staring at her, wondering what the hell was so funny.

"Hello, Mani, I got it open." Camila said drawing her friends attention from the nameless girl down the hall, they both moved into the room and placed their things down on their beds, the dorm was fairly large and held all of their belongings already. Both of their families were extremely wealthy, so their parents had paid for them to share a dorm room with each other only, and for it to be moved to a specific floor. The room was highly decorated to Normani's liking. Her side was furthest away from the door, on the wall held posters of Beyoncé and Chris Brown, photos of her dancing when she was younger, and a family portrait of her parents and herself. She rubbed her hand against the portrait before laying her body on the large queen sized bed.

"So what time do classes start again?" Camila asked after she'd gotten all of her things gathered, it was about 6 in the morning and they had just driven from their native town of Miami to attend Guthridge University in Massachusetts, the largest and most expensive college in the United States. Instead of coming a day early like other students, they paid their movers to set their things up in the dorm and they decided to drive up together the day classes began.

"Mine starts at 8, maybe you should check your own schedule to see." Normani said half-jokingly, as she pulled out her own schedule to re-assure that her classes were indeed at the time she'd thought. Each of the girls settled in silence, Camila thinking about Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift, and Normani thinking about what adventures were in store for her college, and who the girl was from the hallway.

------

This is a really short chapter because it's more of a fill in and or a prologue, I'm currently writing the next chapter :)