•6•

A week had passed and the girls were still not back to normal. Lauren had been spending lunch with Briah but Dinah, Camila, and Normani stayed at their usual table together. Camila was still staying in the dorm with Dinah, they each decided that it was best for them to not date, especially under the circumstances with Lauren. Camila had tried to mend her friendship with Lauren, but she just wasn't hearing it.

During the week Normani and Lauren grew closer, but they'd never gotten a chance to actually sit down and talk like they'd done the night of the movie.

Normani walked into her early morning class, to her surprise, Lauren was actually on time. She took her seat next to Lauren at their usual spot in the back of class. "Someone got up early. " Normani greeted Lauren as she unpacked her backpack. "Well I went to sleep pretty early last night." Lauren said. "True enough, but I left out before you, how come you got here first?" Normani asked not understanding. "I took the stairs." Lauren said, turning towards Normani "wow look at you, Lauren Jauregui waking up on time and taking the stairs." Lauren smiled a toothy grin, which made Normani's heart flutter, she loved making Lauren smile, and it was like her kryptonite.

Their class began with Professor Garret taking attendance as usual and getting his lesson started rather quickly.

By the end of class everyone seemed exhausted, He had talked more than usual today, and it was in more of a carefree motion rather than his usual "all about education" attitude. Normani looked over to Lauren, whom looked like she was about to pass out at any given moment. "Okay class, before you leave I want to inform you about the bomb fire Saturday night," Professor Garret started to speak as the students started to gather their items. "Most of you may already know, but if not, you are all invited and we encourage you to join the entire campus on this special occasion celebrating everyone's high achievement so far." he finished up before walking to the door and opening it, letting students exit.

Normani had all of her things packed up before Lauren had even attempted to close her notebook. "Do you need me to wait for you?" Normani asked Lauren. "No I'm fine." she answered, having been exhausted for some strange reason. With that Normani left out of the classroom and headed towards her next one.

Lauren got up and gathered her things, having been the only one left in the classroom besides professor Garret. "I would like to speak with you for a second." He called Lauren to stop, softly grabbing her arm. "Are you coming Saturday?" He asked Lauren, taking his hand off of her arm after she'd been viciously staring at it. "Sorry" he apologized, putting his hands into his pockets. "I don't know, maybe, maybe not." Lauren said. "Why?" she asked. "You're one of the most promising students, but I've noticed that you've been down for the past week or so and I want you to get out and have fun." He explained, looking her once up and down before locking his eyes onto hers. Lauren scoffed while aggressively breathing out "No thanks." before she turned around and exited the classroom in a hurry before he could get another word out.

-

As Lauren walked into the cafeteria, she was immediately approached by Normani. "Lauren, can you sit with me today?" Normani asked Lauren as she grabbed her hand and guided her to an empty table before Lauren had the chance to accept or deny. "Am I in trouble or something?" Lauren asked cautiously taking a seat across from Normani, she quickly scanned the room and found Camila and Dinah seated at their usual table, but they seemed to not be aware that she and Normani were sitting together. "No, I just wanted to ask you something." Normani stated. "I was wondering-" Normani began before she was abruptly cut off by a male screaming her name across the room. "Normani!" The guy screamed again as Camila turned her head around to look at Normani, whose eyes were literally almost bulging from her sockets.