•5•

Chapter 4 part two

The girls each piled out of their go-karts, walking through the line to exit and back to Dinah's truck. They each got in, Camila deciding to sit in the passenger seat. Dinah turned on her radio and pulled out of the lot onto the road.

"Where are we headed?" Dinah asked driving along the streets to the actual exit of the track. "Well, we could go back to the dorms or to the movies or something" Lauren suggested, staring at the back of Dinah's head, having been seated on the driver's side in the backseat. "What movies are out?" Camila asked, watching the road ahead making sure Dinah didn't run any signs or lights. "I say we just go to the movies and we all just get a random ticket." Dinah suggested, finally exiting the lot and driving down the road in the direction of the movie theater. "Yeah we should do that." Normani agreed, silently thinking of ways to turn the situation into something more interesting. "Or 2 of us can get the same ticket, and then every 30 minutes we rotate." Normani suggested, this way the girls would have some alone time, despite the fact that Camila and Lauren would be alone, she would get to spend some time with Lauren, which was all she really cared about.

The girls all agreed on Normani's idea, as Dinah pulled into the lot of the movie theater and parked near the back, allowing the girls to decide who would see which movies. Once they walked in, each of the girls got a ticket, Camila and Lauren getting the same, and Dinah and Normani getting the same. "So in 30 minutes we'll switch movies, then 30 minutes after that we'll switch back." Normani clarified for the rest of the group.

They gathered their popcorn and candy, Camila ordering a slushy. The girls each respectively went into their theaters, the movies having had the same starting times, so the previews were still playing in both. Lauren and Camila chose a pair of seats close to the entrance, this would make it easy for them to switch theaters once the 30 minutes was up.

The movies each began, one being "The Boy Next Door" and the other being "Fifty Shades of Grey".

Dinah and Normani sat towards the middle of the theater. "So where did you and Lauren go this morning?" Dinah questioned, having not gotten the opportunity to. "We went out to eat some breakfast." Normani explained as the opening of "The Boy Next Door" played. "Are you sure breakfast is the only thing you guys ate?" Dinah teased as Normani playfully smacked her on the arm.

-

They had switched movies twice already, first Normani and Dinah + Camila and Lauren, then Normani and Lauren + Dinah and Camila, and now it was almost time to switch back.

Already 25 minutes into 50 shades and Lauren felt like the only interesting thing that had occurred was the female lead tripping in the doorway. "This is so boring." Lauren complained, resting her head back while taking a hand full of popcorn. "Well the 30 minutes are almost up, we could wait or we could just go and see if we could switch now?" Normani suggested, only half interesting in the movie, but hesitant to give up some of the time she had left with Lauren. Lauren got up and walked out of the theater "I'll go get Camila for you" she said before disappearing out of sight.

As Lauren walked into the theater, she searched the rather large crowd of people for her two friends. After looking row to row Lauren's heart sank. She wanted to be wrong, but she was certain that the scene unfolding mere feet in front of her was Camila and Dinah, kissing during the movie.

They seemed so invested in the kiss, like they had both wanted to get it out of their systems. Lauren couldn't do anything but turn around and quickly walk out. The tears threatening to escape her eyes had become unbearable, but she didn't want to cry, she didn't need to, Camila wasn't her girlfriend, but the conversations they had held made her think that Camila felt something for her, but maybe she was wrong.