•3•

Friday rolled around and Normani had woken up a few hours early so she decided to go to the gym and get a little exercise before class. She had used just about every piece of equipment before she decided to gather her things and head back to her dorm. She packed up, took a drink from her water bottle and made her way to her 2015 Audi R8 Spyder. She got in and drove back to Guthridge, getting out and locking the doors.

Once she entered she could sense that something was up. It was just a feeling in the pit of her stomach that something had changed. She showed the security guard her ID and took the elevator to the third floor. Once at her stop, she stepped off of the elevator and spotted her room, the door oddly wide open. Normani slowly crept up to her room, not going in but deciding to take a peek inside. She noticed an extra bed and some suitcases by the door.

Normani tilted the door open and walked in to see a very familiar black haired girl in ripped shorts, a solid crop top, and black sandals. "Um, what's going on here?" Normani asked as she took her bag from her shoulder and sat it on her bed, taking another sip from her water bottle before throwing it somewhere on her side of the room. Normani hadn't noticed Camila sitting on her bed until she spoke up. "This is Lauren, she's our new roommate apparently" She said as Lauren turned around from what she was doing to face Normani, flashing a smile at her.

"She knows who I am, we have a couple of classes together, and I even got her in a bit of trouble on the first day." Lauren said smirking. "Oh so you're the reason she got yelled at by Professor Hard ass" Camila said laughing turning to look at Lauren. Normani could sense something, like the two of them were keeping something a secret. She could just look at them and tell that they felt something for each other, just by the looks they'd steal from one another. "Not to be rude or anything but, don't you have your own room?" Normani asked raising her eyebrow questionably, sitting down on her bed and scooting back to sit against the wall. "I did, at the start, but it's a long story for another time." Lauren said throwing her shirt into one of the drawers before sitting on the newly placed bed.

Normani wasn't sure what she felt about the situation. She didn't really know Lauren too well, only from what she'd seen in the hallway and the few encounters they'd had throughout their classes this week. Lauren and Normani had 2 classes together, but they hadn't really spent much time together. All Normani knew was that Lauren intrigued her, her body, her smile, her eyes, Normani was attracted to everything about Lauren. Despite the fact that she was interested, she didn't know Lauren well enough personally, so she would never go for it, or at least not now.

-----

Lauren, Camila, and Normani went to their classes as the day progressed, none of them really had time to meet up or speak with each other at all. Normani was the first one back to the dorm room, she was laying in her bed, under her blanket browsing photos on Instagram. She could hear keys fiddling with the door. The door opened revealing Camila, who walked in, threw her book bag down, and instantly fell onto her bed face down.

"It hasn't even been a full week yet and I'm already exhausted." She said, her voice muffled by her mattress. Normani ignored Camila, her thoughts absorbed by her phone, she had tuned out the entire world surrounding her, once she had her phone, and it was like she was in a different universe, in her own state of mind where she couldn't be bothered.

Lauren walked through the door unannounced, throwing her bag on her bed and bringing her hands to rest on her hips. "So, who’s going out with me tonight?" Lauren asked looking between both of the girls. No one answered, so she picked up two pillows from her own bed, one hitting each Camila and Normani, dragging them both back to reality.

"Ouch! Ohh! Ouch! My shoulder! I think it's dislocated! I'm suing!" Camila cried out as she dramatically fell to the floor holding on to her shoulder. Normani said up in her bed, shutting off her phone and laughing at her best friend who had decided to get up after no one showed her any attention. "What'd you say?" Camila asked pushing herself back onto her bed with both arms, holding onto her shoulder again after doing so. "There's a party tonight to kick off the school year, everyone’s invited" Lauren asked again, running her hand through her hair.