28

[ third person's ]

"They are all forgetting about something." Ayako beside you blew a fuse, you saw her lips rose as she glances in Miyagi's way. Ryonan has taken the momentum from Shohoku, as the ace player among the whole Kanagawa district showed up his real plays. Akira Sendoh. With Fujima and Sendoh's team up, bearing the title of the best point guard in Kanagawa district.

Truly, there is something between the two of them. It's either Ayako is just playing dumb about it and pretending to be oblivious towards Miyagi's feelings. You glanced at Rukawa and Sendoh, both having their competitions.

Rukawa would never let himself lose in such a way. Although, this is just a practice match it would be a huge help for the team and their improvements for the upcoming tournament. The rookie felt like Sendoh is underestimating him upon taking the lead in the match because of his good plays.

"Sendoh and Fujima might be the best point guard in Kanagawa district..." Ayako uttered once again with a half-smirk now on her face. "But... Ryouta is also the best point guard not just in Kanagawa district, but on the whole nation."

You shake your head before a smile is plastered on your face. "Miyagi-san is really far from the way he is inside and outside the court." Just like Sawakita Eiji from Sannoh. You thought.

From the bench, as Sendoh scored another basket again, he stood in front of Rukawa, defending. Ryonan and Shoyo have tightened their defense as the game lasts longer. Anzai-sensei said it's natural for both teams to tightened their defense after scoring and taking the lead.

Rukawa had his brows knitted into a familiar expression, dazing Fukuda who was assigned by Uozumi to guard him. In a blink, Rukawa who have the ball did a drive and pass from Fukuda. Fukuda was left in a daze, and the three players from the opposing teams waited for Rukawa on the other side of the court.

"Rukawa! There's no way you can do it! That's three for you! Pass the ball!" Sakuragi yelled.

You panted, your breath hitched, as you watch Rukawa be guarded by three of the best players from the opposing team. Sendoh, Fujima, and Uozumi. It's not impossible for someone like him, who's hungry when it comes to basketball. You thought. But it was nervously since there's Sendoh, Uozumi, and Fujima... you glanced at Rukawa, you saw how his eyes drifted towards your direction for a second. You saw him forced himself to go higher as he dunks the ball.

"Slam dunk." Your hands trembled clasping them together. The crowd grew silent for a moment before Rukawa's fangirls started their cheers, Sakuragi's gang shouts. From your position, you saw Mitsui and Rukawa, Mitsui gave Rukawa an 'up here'.

"I didn't see that coming. Nice play, Rukawa!" You heard Mitsui said. And Rukawa was there, saying his little "Thanks." You saw him glanced your way after he pulled the collar of his jersey to wipe some sweats in his forehead to the bridge of his nose.

"Wow, blessed you." Ayako has muttered beside you, elbowing you.

"Ayako-san!"

Ayako let out a laugh before focusing her attention on the game again. You tightened your held onto the sleeves of Rukawa's jacket. Comfortable as ever. And it even has the rookie's scent.

Meanwhile, both Shoyo and Ryonan called for a time-out because of Sakuragi's sudden jump shot. The team made their way to the bench. But Rukawa stood there at the center of the court, gazing at Sendoh whose eyes are still looking playful, but this time it is because of how exciting suddenly the game turns.