27

[ yn's pov ]

"We are super late, Sendoh." I sighed as I keep kicking the water under the boardwalk. "Why did I even agreed?" I asked myself. A while ago, I took off my shoes and socks, to sat beside him. In the first place, I didn't even know why I even followed him. I glanced at my wristwatch again as this moron beside me continues his fishing.

I looked at the view in front of me. The sun is almost setting, another under the sunset intimacy again and this time it's Sendoh who's beside me. How complicated things could be?

"For a moment, this is quite a sight." I smiled, slowly inhaling a brief of fresh air, with the water against my feet calming me.

"Well, not as beautiful as you."

My cheeks have warmed up a bit because of that. And why I am recalling what happened in yesterday's practice?

Have you always been this beautiful?

Both Rukawa and Sendoh have said that smoothly. I just can't anymore. Sendoh looks so vibrant and pleasing beside me. I'm going to be a liar if I denied that he's attractive. He is most popular and friendly with girls.

That's what I assumed. Both Rukawa and he have good looks, but the difference is Sendoh is using his quite obvious. While, Rukawa, didn't care about it at all.

"Ah, I believe you're quite a flirt. Mr. Fisherman," I smirked.

Sendoh smirks as he glances in my way. "Look who's flirting now."

"I don't know how to flirt, maybe you could teach me?"

"So you can use it for your dear, Rukawa? No, thanks. I rather have a broken heart, instead of your gratefulness because I help you with him. I am no way, a wingman."

I sighed shaking my head. "You talked a lot, and the topic has drifted too far. Yet you admit it yourself that you're a flirt." I laugh.

There was a time that I asked him if he knew he's popular and he'll answer me 'not much' that keeps me hanging. It's only two things; he's literally oblivious to them, or maybe he didn't really care about them at all.

"You're like a fish, L/N-san." Sendoh laughs. My brows knitted. Do I look like a fish, to him?

"Wow, thank you so much." I mocked at him. "If that is how you flirt, it is very much appreciated, Sendoh." I took a deep breath before sighing heavily. "Basketball players, are indeed a bunch of weirdos."

"Have you read my letter?" Sendoh asked me. I bit my lower lip again, forming a thin smile on my lips as soon as I recalled his letter.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"So, would you date me?" His lips form into a sly smirk. I didn't blink at all, his sly and teasing remarks won't get me.

"What do you think?" I fired back a question, making Sendoh focuses on his fishing again.

"I think, no." He smiled as he responds that.

I nodded continuously, slightly smirking. "Maybe."

I was a bit surprised when he stood after that, slowly raising his hand and stretching. He smirked as he looks down on me. The air is practically making his casual clothes hugged him, showing his biceps and even his abs.