twenty one

Chapter 21 : edited on 24th of January 2022.

Rukawa was currently locking up his bike when he saw you stilled and shivering in your stance underneath a tree, this could be his first early morning at school. He wasn't aware of the cold weather for today, but he always wears a hoodie at school. He chose to come early to sleep at school since he can't sleep at home just like usual.

Shohoku's refreshing ambiance felt nostalgic and this is the kind of place Rukawa would always sleep on. After locking his bike, he walked towards the (h/c) girl.

Unbeknownst to Rukawa's approach, you continue shivering underneath a tree. It was so dumb that you already heard the news about the cold weather for today and yet you still forgot to bring a jacket or even a cardigan.

"Ru... Rukawa!?" You immediately pressed a hand on his forehead as he finally approached you. The poor boy was confused by your sudden actions. "Why are you here early today? Are you sick or something?"

"I'm fine. Let's get you out of here, it's cold."

You hugged yourself looking up at him. "I came too early today. And our room is not yet open since the class president has the key." You reasoned out.

Rukawa stared at you for a minute. You saw the hesitation in his eyes and tense up a bit when you felt him inch closer. You watched Rukawa open his duffle bag in front of you. You were surprised when he picked up his folded Shohoku Basketball Club jacket. The black one with red linings, you always forgot to ask Ayako for one, even though she would remind you of it everyday and she asks for your size every day.

He unfolds it before zippering his duffle bag again. You felt your cheeks reddened as he draped the jacket on your shoulders.

"What are you doing?" You ask mumbling, flustering in particular.

You felt a little embarrassed seeing how tiny you became because of the jacket that fell over your shoulders. What do you expect? That's Rukawa Kaede for you, a first-year in Shohoku with a height of 6'2.

"It's cold." Was all he said. 

You nodded as you clapped your hands together to keep yourself warmer. "Should we got to the gym first?" You asked him. "I'm positive Sakuragi-kun is already there."

"Okay. He's an idiot after all." 

You laugh, shaking your head a bit with Rukawa's remarks about Sakuragi. The two of you walk towards the gym, hearing two familiar voices and a sound of a dribbling ball. Rukawa was the first one to dip his head inside the gym, and there he saw Sakuragi with Akagi's sister, Haruko.

"Rukawa-"

The brunette wasn't able to finish her and was cut off with your presence. You dipped your head inside the gym too, copying Rukawa. But in a lower position. Haruko's eyes drifted on the jacket you are wearing before she turns her eyes away eliciting a soft sigh that Rukawa and you weren't able to notice.

For Rukawa, of course it's impossible.

"F/N-chan! Good morning- ah! Rukawa!?"

"Ohayo." Rukawa replied not in the mood to fire back at Sakuragi. He followed you as you walked to the benches, and sat there. He sat beside you, now he suddenly felt the cold, by just sitting on the bench.