𝐱𝐢𝐯. They didn't warn you, my dear.

❝We are not bad, they make us bad. We don't get tired, they tire us. We don't change, we just open our eyes. .❞

¤

Eyes flickering open and sky filling her view, Ira groaned tiredly as she stood up, the chirping of cricket and crunching of sticks making her head turn around in confusion to where she was, "Miracle?", a voice spoke in worry and she gasped, her figure turning toward it, "Mom?", she whispered in chock.

As she ran into the woman's arm, the teen girl held tightly onto her figure, her nose snuggling into Hayley's neck as she breathed in the familiar scent she hadn't smelled in a while.

Shorter than she would of wanted, the wolf pulled away, her surprised gaze flickering around her then back onto her daughter before she tightly held her face between her hands, "What happened? Why are you here?", she questioned in panic and the quadbrid only sighed, "The hollow is in me", she exhaled, her head tilting away to dismiss the subject, "Tere's so much that I have to tell you", she smiled, the sharp shake of her mother's head making her frown, "You shouldn't be here. - It's not your time yet".

Camille smiled, "It's okay. I'm okay with being here", she chuckled, yet her mother wasn't amused at all, "I want to be here with you", she added and the woman gripped her shoulders, "No. You have to go back", she insisted, "I need you to fight this".

As the alpha spoke, the wind around them instantly picked, her daughter and Klaus' voices bouncing around the seemingly empty woods as they both called out for the redhead stuck in this reality.

Hayley's instantly brightened byt her worry did not disappear, "You have to go back to your dad", she stated, her eyes traveling around her for a way out and Iracle furiously shook her head, "Mom, I'm so sorry", she cried out, her eyes suddenly filled with burning tears.

"I am so sorry for everything that happened, and I can't forgive myself for it because I know that it's my fault and if I wasn't so selfish you would still be me", she apologized, tone breathy as her voice cracked mid sentence.

The brunette smiled even though her lips were trembling, "Well, too bad because I forgive you. I forgive you, Miracle", she insisted, "And I forgive Hope, you have to tell her that", she added afterwards, "And I know that you're scared, and I know that you're sad, and that's okay, that's what keeps you human", she stated as her head tipped to the side, "What happened this year was about hatred and ugliness that was born long before you and long before me".

Miracle nodded for a second before she once again contradicted her mother's words, "But I want to be here. I don't want to go back there", she whispered, "I don't want to leave you here alone", she spoke, sudden whispers filling her ears after the few minutes of calm she won.

Hayley smiled, "Miracke, I'm not alone", she chuckled, "Listen", she instructed and the teen girl focused around her, the indistinct chatter of people that she did not recognize and the strumming of a guitar in a distance drowning her in as her mother gripped her arm, "Come with me".

The quadbrid followed after her, her brows furrowing together as the laughter grew closer, her eyes falling upon the group talking among themselves, "Jackson is here", Hayley smiled as she pointed at the man playing the instrument and who instantly stood up, "My parents", she added, "Grandma Mary".

Miracle smiled softly as the unknown man waved at her before sitting down at the alpha's nod and she turned back to her daughter, "I'm not dead because of you", she breathed out leaving the teen girl hooked onto her words.

"I'm at peace because of you".

Camille exhaled shakily, "If I go back" she spoke, gaze settled on the ground below her, "Am I ever gonna see you again?", she wondered while her mother sniffled while she king her head, "Not for a very, very long time", she sighed, "So you better have good stories, okay?", she smiled with a small chuckle and her daughter nodded.