Arc II : Chapter 8 - Loss

Warning... Um... Violence? And the story turns dark.

~~~~~

You couldn't believe what you were seeing.

'T-this can't be happening...'

~~~~~

"Good morning everyone." you greet Samus and Peach. The two of them seem to have a conversation of their own until you decided to waltz in. But they don't seem to mind.

In fact, they actually like your presence. It sometimes question you.

"Oh! Good morning!" Peach replied to you in her usual bubbly manner. "Did you have a good night sleep?"

"Uh... Sure."

"Good morning ladies~" the three of you turned around to see the goddess, Palutena.

"Morning Palutena." Samus is so casual around Palutena. They were actually good friends it makes you envy their friendship.

"Good morning to you too Samus." Palutena replied.

"Ahh... I'm starving! Want to head to the cafeteria?" said Peach. You of course agreed to her suggestion.

You weren't the only one. All of you head towards the cafeteria where you saw pretty much everyone.

Today was a usual day. Get out of your room and talk to everyone and watch matches. The cycle repeats and repeats and... repeats.

But this routine never bores you. In fact you want this to be this way for the rest of your life.

It sounds crazy but hey! It's better than reality... right?

No. Wrong.

You better be careful what you wish for.

You felt the ground slightly rumble. You would have assumed that something must be going on downsides.

But your assumption changed when dust and tiny rocks fell out of the ceiling. The rumble grew louder and bigger and it became an earthquake.

The ceiling had a large crack and the debris was about to fall.

Palutena (The Badass Goddess she is) summoned her staff. The light disappeared as the staff came in form.

She grab her staff and lifted it up in the air. A bright light was shined as she created a gigantic dome shield and protected everyone in the room.

You were in fear. It's not that you had no faith in Palutena's power. It's just a normal reaction.

So many time passed and the noise stopped.

You opened your eyes. You could not believe what you're seeing right now.

Debris of the Smash Mansion. Everywhere.

Ruined is the only word you could think of.

The shield disappeared and you turned towards Palutena. She dropped but before she came in contact to the floor, Pit ran in and caught her.

Even being a goddess. It must of took a lot of power to put up a power shield for a very long time.

"Are you okay Lady Palutena?" Pit panicked a bit, but he knew that Palutena wouldn't go down so easily.

"I'm fine Pit." she replied to her servant. She stood up like nothing was affecting her.

'Wow, she really is amazing...'

"But the important thing is, what's going on." The goddess took a good look around the ruined Smash Mansion. "This place can't just fall apart on it's own."

~~~~~

Everyone went searching for left over items that survived from the earthquake and used it to create a camp.

There were tents set up in front of the ruined smash mansion for a substitute for the rooms that was destroyed. They will do for now.

It's late afternoon.

"Guys!" you turned your head to see Link and Zelda heavily breathing and was on the debris. "There's something you have to see!"

Palutena stood up and followed the two Hylians. To your curiosity, you followed Palutena.

Some others followed as well. It was a short walk until you saw a gigantic hand. Bruised and bloody underneath a huge debris.

'Isn't that... Master Hand?'

Palutena walked closer to Master Hand. She gently placed her hand on Master Hand.

You don't know what she's doing or planning. Suddenly the skin of Master Hand burst open. Palutena quickly pulled her hand away.

Darkness flew out of Master Hand like a monster finally being free from being caged in.

The darkness flew far away to where it went. This triggered something.

All of the sudden, shadows formed on the ground. Then creatures crawled out of the shadows like a bear after hibernation, ready to fill up it's empty stomach from a long slumber.

These shadow creatures looked like humanoid monsters. Screaming unearthly screech and one of them decided to attack.

The target was you.

You didn't know what to do. Run? Defend? Or...

Die.

With your reflexes, all to did was cover your head with your arms. You didn't know what to do.

The creature jumped at you. The red eyes lusting over your flesh from hunger. But been sliced off from Pit's blade.

The creature withered like rose but in an ungraceful manner and died. But there's more ready to kill.

"Are you okay ______?!" Pit turned to you, his only concern seems to be you rather than the creatures.

"I'm fi-" you were about to answer until you noticed the creature was about to attack Pit. "Watch ou-"

Dark Pit came in and attack the creature before it even touch Pit.

"You better watch your back!" Dark Pit lectured the original. You were glad that Dark Pit came in or Pit would've... Gotten hurt.

"I know!" Pit retorted back. Both of them started fighting the shadow creatures. Actually, everyone was.

Expect you. You were just sitting there hoping that no one nor you dies and being weak like you always are.

Watching everyone protecting themselves and you. But what's the point of protecting you if you're weak and you're going to end up dying anyways?

~~~~~

Sorry for the sucky chapter...

This story went Romance-Comedy to Adventure-Dark-with Author being the comic relief.

If you don't like these kinds of stuff...

I'm sorry... Just let me know and I'll rewrite this chapter and take 5 million years to do so.

And my hard work will go to waste...

Welp, I hope you like this chapter and this Arc I guess...

Sorry for the errors!