Thirteen

Ooohh my best friend's lucky number :)

Thirteen

#Dylan

Jake left before he got snowed in or something. I sat on the couch with my laptop, just checking out my Facebook account. I was about to log out when Nicko chatted me.

Nicko Jenkins: Hi Dylan :)

Dylan McKenna: Hi Nicko. Thx again for last nyt. :)

Nicko Jenkins: That's what best friends are for, right? :D

Best friends? Is he freaking mental? I said "friends", and I was just being nice. Who said anything about best friends?

Dylan McKenna: Right :)

I am spineless.

I couldn't resist. I suddenly remembered what Nicko said last night. He broke up with Gwen. I had to know if that was true. I knew it was none of my concern anymore but I just had to find out. Besides, isn't that what Facebook is for?

Sure enough, Nicko wasn't in a relationship with Gwen anymore.

At least, that's what his status said.

Dylan McKenna: Sorry, Nicko. Gtg. Bye :)

I signed out and shut down my laptop without waiting for his reply. I reached for the remote when someone beat me to it. Kyle plopped down on the couch right next to me, making the couch bounce and jostling my laptop. I reached out for it protectively. Robbie soon joined us and wriggled his little butt between Kyle and I.

"Isn't that cute?" Mom said, closing the front door behind her with a smile on her face.

"Dylan had a boy up in her room," Robbie chirped up.

My jaw dropped open and Kyle burst out laughing. I pinched my little brother on the arm and he swatted at me. So, I wasn't that good at sneaking people in and out of my house.

"Dylan, really? What did I say about boys?" Mom began.

"Sorry, Mom, but it was just Jake."

"But he's still a boy," Kyle helpfully pointed out.

I swear sometimes, my brother is just too immature.

"He's technically not a boy. He's my best friend, like a brother, like Kyle and Rob."

"But he's not your brother," Mom said, "You can't bring him up there."

"And the door was locked," Robbie said.

"Oooohhh," says Kyle, mockingly.

I glared at Robbie who was obviously getting payback for my pinch. What is it about siblings wanting to get you into trouble?

"Dylan, what were you doing up there?" Mom asked sternly.

"They might have been kissing! EW!" says Robbie.

Kyle burst out laughing again and I smacked his arm. I swear my brothers were making me into a sadist. I mean, Jake and I did kiss, but not in my bedroom. Ohmigod. Did Kyle see? I'm going to have to ambush him later. What if he already told and Mom's just waiting for me to tell the truth? Just like that time I left the remote in the freezer...

Kyle waved his hand in front of my face.

"What?" I snapped.

"You just kind of spaced out there."

"Dylan," Mom said exhaustedly, " Let's talk later."

She made her way up the stairs, her keys jiggling in her pocket. She was probably going to change out of her scrubs and go prepare dinner like she always did. I knew I was in trouble.