Three

Hi, I'm not doing too well with the layout of this story, but I just want to keep it interesting. Hmm...what could have happened at Chess Camp? ;) I'll probably divulge real soon. Sorry if you guys couldn't keep up with Jake and Dylan's conversation. From experience, summer camps usually involve super embarrassing stories you wouldn't want to share with anyone. What happens in summer camp stays in summer camp right? Or not. In this case.

Three

#Dylan

I didn't have any idea on how to talk to Jake Forger. I wasn't even sure if we were friends or enemies when we left summer camp, but when he said I was his summer camp best friend, I guess it was true for me too. I guess it was inevitable too since both of us weren't supposed to be there on purpose. Tecnically, that summer, I was supposed to go to Cheer Camp with Meg but I chickened out so I signed up on the only vacant sign-up sheet, Chess Camp. Jake was supposed to sign up for soccer camp back at his school but there were only limited slots given so, being the youngest member of the varsity team, his coach switched him up for Chess Camp with the words, "Don't worry, there's a soccer field over there." Stupid soccer field.

A girl came up to our table. I groaned internally. Jake looked up at her. It was Hannah. Looking at Hannah for the first time, anybody could be fooled by her perfection. She probably looked like an angel sent from above to Jake. To me, she was like a falcon, swooping down to grab the fresh meat. The handsome fresh meat.

"Hi," Hannah said to Jake, ignoring me, "You must be new here."

Oh please, how obvious could she be? Seriously, twirling her hair around her finger, batting her eyelashes? 

"Yeah, just arrived in town this morning actually."

"Oh, wow, you didn't waste any time did you?" Hannah feigned surprise and put her hand on Jake's shoulder.

"I couldn't wait to see my girl." Jake said glancing over at me. I was shocked by the nick name.

"You guys are together?" Hannah asked definitely surprised now. She withdrew her hand.

"No, we're just friends, right, Dyl?" Jake said, smirking.

I smiled. "Of course."

"Well, I'm Hannah and here's my number in case you need someone to guide you around here or you get lost or something," Hannah said giving Jake a scrap of paper, "You are?"

"I'm Ja-"

"He's late," I interrupted, pulling Jake with me, "Bye, Hannah!"

Hannah smirked at me although technically, she had nothing to be smirking about. I let go of Jake's arm immediately. 

"She seemed nice, huh?" Jake said, his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, nice." I mumbled.

"Looks like someone doesn't like Hannah."

"She's the epitome of the high school bully, but nothing I can't handle." 

"Really? Why does she hate you?"

I was about to tell Jake about  my issue with Hannah Freeman when the warning bell sounded. The warning bell rang before the official bell to get students to hurry up to their classes. 

"I'll see you after class, then, " Jake said as he made his way through the crowd of students. I slipped through my classroom. 

Meg was already sitting in her seat right beside mine. I sat on my seat and took my things out.

"So, how did you know the new guy? He's a Junior, right?"

"I think so. We met at Chess Camp."

"Chess Camp? When you chickened out of Cheer Camp?"