Maffians

"Be careful honey" My mom says and I nod stepping out of the house.
It had been a week since I had moved to Italy from African and I really don't know how to describe it.

I was never on the case of moving but ever since my dad abandoned I and my mom, things had been extra hard for her.
She didn't work on a part time job anymore,now she had to work on full 24 hours a day. My dad left her with a baby when I was eighteen and ever since the baby died in her womb, she was never the same again.

She was less energetic and happy and more gloomy and self centered, I still hear sobs from her room every night and I feel so horrible.
I told myself that if I EVER saw his ugly back stabbing face again, I would rip it into tiny little pieces.

I was not at all familiar with this country and not even the street I was walking on, the whole place was dark, dimly lit with street lights on either sides of the road, there were alleys here and there and I was spooked to death.

I lifted my hoodie over my face, shielding it from the fierce wind that was blowing south this time of night, I looked at my phone and it read 11:25 pm.

My mom wanted to buy some gas from the gas station but I told her nuh uh.
It was way too late for her to be roaming the streets and she smirked saying, "Would you look at this irony? The daughter is warning the mother"
"Well I just want you safe mum, I am nineteen so I can care for myself and for the best mom in the whole wide world! " I said to her and hugged her.

So now, I'm trying my best to be quiet and make it to the gas station and back. I heard that the streets at this time of night in Italy were very dangerous, and we supposedly bought a flat in a town filled with maffians and drug lords.

We had no idea when we bought the shit but it was too late now. The GPS on my phone showed me the nearest gas station called El Gas.

Seriously, why does everything in Spanish start with this stupid word El?
So if I wanna say butt, I can say El Booty?

As I continue walking down the street, a faint noise rings throughout the entire block.

That sounded like a,
"Son of a... " I mumble and stop in my tracks, the faint noise of gunshots clash with my ears again and I freeze.

I don't know if it's a stroke or convulsion or something but I can't make my legs move.
Like I'm stuck, LITERALLY.

" Get down " I hear and suddenly, two black Mercedes Benz screech towards the block I was in, a guy popped out of one of the car and pulled out a freaking AK-47!

I screamed and ducked into one of alley sides when both cars started shooting.
I heard more gunshots and even more screeching of tyres. So, being the stupid bitch I am, I look from the side of the crooked alley and freeze.

A bullet wheezed from a gun and hit a guy right in the chest and his body shook from the impact as he fell down, Some of the blood from his body went sky high and splattered across my face.

Oh. My. Fucking. Lord, THERE IS BLOOD ON MY FREAKING FACE!!!

I scream in shock not only at the sight of dead bodies in front of me and faint gunshots but a humans blood on my face.

Before I knew it, I lost it and my eyes closed shut and I landed hard on the alley floor with a thud.
My body withers as I realize I'm having a faint syndrome from shock.

The last thing I could hear was some voices and three shadows with some other shadows behind them.

"The girl looks shocked, we can't leave her here"
"I suppose you're right " Is all I hear before i black out.