Dangerous Accumulation

I thank KatherineOzawa for helping me.

"I can hear the wind....."

Niho felt like she was floating on air in her dream as the atmosphere became filled with light. On top of a majestic rock stood two lions and a mandrill. The mandrill, holding a shaman's staff, had blessed the lions' newborn cub on the day of his birth. Holding the child close, the mandrill scuffed to the edge of the rock, where below on the ground stood many savannah land animals ranging from gazelle to meerkats to zebras and more as they awaited in anticipation. The mandrill took the newborn with both hands and lifted him high into the air as the animals cheered with excitement; the sunrays breaking through the clouds to shine down on the prince of Pride Rock.

As the scene faded, the sound of a lion's roar echoed through the space. She strained to hear it correctly, but then intended up turning into a meow.

She woke up in confusion, only to see it was Grim who was making the noise.

"Was that a roar?" she mumbled.

"Myaaah... Thass whatchu get... fear crossin' Grim da Miiightyyy..." he smiled stupidly as he dreamt, no doubt.

"He's even a jerk in his dreams." she shook her head and silently crept out of bed to stretch her limbs for the day.

"That's right! Cower before me, teapot tyrant! BWAH-MYAH?!" Grim woke up with a start and looked around in confusion. "...Huh? Where am I? Aw, man! I was dreaming that I was trouncing Riddle with my magic. You shoulda seen his face..." Grim frowned.

"That was a rough couple days. I'm still exhausted." she shrugged in sympathy and ripped open the curtains, admiring the sunrise and feeling the light shine down on her like a spotlight. If only she could stay here and enjoy it forever....

"All right, lemme just fix my bed head. Then it's off to class! I've got magic to master!"

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The group made it to the cafeteria once classes were let out for the day.

"Ugh. Professor Trein must have cast a sleepin' spell on me. I fought to stay awake, but he was sooo boring!"

Deuce looked at Grim unimpressed, "Yeah, "fought," sure. I heard you snoring five minutes in."

"Grub time! What's it gonna be today? Huh, wait? What's going on? Why's it so crowded in here?" Ace puckered his lips as he observed the line.

"Must be something good if it's that crowded." Niho nodded as one of the cafeteria ghost's materialized.

"That famous bakery from out of town is serving up their goods. It only happens once a month! Their stock sells out fast, so you'd better hurry!"

At the front of the line, several students began to file out order requests. "Gimmie three of those chocolate croissants!"

"Woo-how, I actually snagged an egg sandwich this month! These things are AMAZING!"

"Egg sandwiches are now sold out! Only one deluxe ham and cheese left!"

Ace smiled, overlooking the display with ravenous glee. "Oh, man, everything looks amazing I'm gonna see if I can grab somethin'."

"Wow, they really do seem popular! Niho, Grim, what do you- Huh?"

Niho and Deuce look around only to find: "Where did Grim go?!"

"Hey! Outta my way, losers! That grilled cheese is mine!" And speak of the little fire devil, he was scampering right towards the front, cutting the line set out, ignoring the other students and his group like flies on cow dung.