Territory Breakthrough

I thank KatherineOzawa of Wattpad for helping me.

The group traversed through the Hall of Mirrors and headed into Pomefiore's first. Shimmery gemstones surround the foot of the mirror, which had a magnificent carving of a peafowl atop, as torches burning purple embers burned brightly.

Seconds later, they found themselves outside the dorm. Like Heartslabyul, the dorm has the look of a castle, yet all the same was spacious for many people to be housed inside. Royal purple tiles painted the roofs and grey stones made up the structure and walls of the establishment. Numerous windows aligned the dorm, too many to count, and a metal gate with gold apple motifs guarded the area, bushy green shrubbery blocking out any awkward spaces.

But the inside of the dorm made the newcomers forget all about the outside once they stepped through the doors and into the lounge. Carpeted floors, gold accentuating the purple tones in the room in the furniture, the decor, there were even crystal chandeliers hanging above to coincide the candelabras lining the walls. But the elephant in the room: the oh so eye catching throne with a giant Peacock as the backboard, feathers and all, giving flair to those who walk in or out.

"Let's start here, at Pomefiore. There's a junior named Rook Hunt who's caught my eye. He has a blond bob cut and a fedora- you can't miss him." Cater looked through the notes on his phone as he began to scan the room alongside Riddle, who spoke.

"Rook is an exceptional player. He performed extremely well in last year's tournament. But he is a bit of an...odd duck, one might say."

"I'm...afraid to ask what that means..." Niho decided against asking.

"Oh, is that him sitting over there?" Deuce spotted him first and Niho's eyes swept up to see whom this Rook was.

A tall eighteen-year old with hair the color of Canaria Gold sharply cut into a bob, the length just reaching the middle of his neck. Ivory-washed skin only made room for Hunter Green eyes, clearly seen beneath his bangs. He was wearing the standard NRC uniform with the deep purple vest and tan hunting boots and of course: the sweeping hat he wore over his head, the rim just sitting in the space, where he could look down and have the brin covering his eyes with a shadow, and make him appear menacing. A fluffy white feather was nestled in the band of the hat, secured so it wouldn't come loose.

He was sitting at one of the seating areas with Vil and another student. This one was much shorter than them both. Milky white skin tone, making his Aquatic blue eyes pop out like Doll's eyes and his hair was a pretty tone of lavender, almost caressing his shoulders. He too had the school uniform, but the tie was knotted into a bow and his white dress shirt was frilly.

"Whoa. That dude's like a glitter bomb in human form. He's basically sparkling." Ace winced, looking away.

"Yes, and...something about that Hunt person...seems off..." Rajni whispered the last part to herself, sensing something was fishy over the first potential victim.

"Non, Epel, non. When you lift your teacup, do not insert your finger through the handle. It is most inélégant." Rook shook his finger towards the smaller boy and corrected him by showing him how the technique was truly done.

"Oh... Right. I'm sorry." the boy, Epel, corrected his positioning with a timid nod.

Vil was scrolling on his phone as he sighed, "I just cannot decide how I want to do my makeup on tournament day! I'm thinking maybe that new foundation from Felicity Cosmetics?"

"Oh ho ho! Mon belle Vil, the Rio du Poison... Surely your beauté is not so faint that you need makeup to shine?" Rook smiled towards the dorm leader with a spark in his eye.