How to run from a mess you've made

I thank KatherineOzawa of Wattpad for helping me.

Niho kept a sharp lookout as the ghosts continued to swarm the area, but with her fast responses and quick eyesight, Grim was able to defeat them. But when the ghosts decided to make their movements faster to trip them up, Niho wasn't swayed. A bit, but she kept her cool, and kept telling Grim where to shoot in which direction. Soon, the ghosts realized they couldn't stand a chance as they were hit repeatedly by fireballs, one after another.

"Hwaaahhh! We gotta get out of here! Before we get disappeared for good!" The ghost's shrieked and disappeared before they could find themselves burnt to crisps.

"H-huh? Did we...win?" Grim looked around unsurely.

Niho nodded with a small smile. "That was incredible!"

"Aw, geez, I was scared outta my- I mean, they didn't faze me one bit!" Grim toughened up. "Just a walk in the park for a mage of my caliber! Whaddaya got to say now, ghosties? That's right!" He taunted victoriously.

The sound of footsteps was heard as Niho turned to see the Headmaster climbing the staircase. "Good evening! In another gesture of my immense kindness, I have brought you dinner." He smiled, but then his eyes turned to Grim in shock. "Wait. That's the creature we ejected for causing trouble at orientation! What is it doing back here?!"

"Takin' care of yer ghost problem, that's what. You're welcome, by the way!" Grim gloated.

The headmaster tilted his head in confusion. "What is the meaning of this, Niho?"

Niho rolled her eyes and took charge once again. She proceeded to explain what the two encountered and mimicked them during the fight. When she was done, Crowley had a knowing look in his eyes.

"But you know, on that topic, I do seem to recall that this dorm had a mischievous ghost problem. Ah, yes... That's why it was abandoned, in fact. The ghosts scared away all the students. And you're saying that you two joined forces to drive them away?" He murmured.

"'Joined forces' ain't exactly how I'd describe it. More like I drove 'em away, and she watched. And I only did it 'cause I wanted some tuna. Hey... Wait a minute! I never got those cans of tuna ya promised!" Grim realized and pointed a paw at Niho accusingly.

But Crowley wasn't done. "Would you two be so kind as to demonstrate your ghost-eradication methods for me?"

"One, no, 'cause I already wiped 'em all out. And two, no, 'cause where's my tuna?!" Grim marched up to her, demanding his end of the deal, but Crowley stopped him.

"I will play the part of the ghosts. As for the tuna, you'll receive it when you defeat me. Oh, what generosity, Crowley..." He slipped out a clear vial of dark liquid in his hand. "Now to chug this transmutation potion!" he drank the entire potion in one gulp and his form shifted into a ghost.

"Ah, you gotta be kiddin' me. I gotta work together with her again?" Grim started whining.

Niho whispered, "This could be your chance to enroll!"

Grim grit his teeth and spat out, "Hrmph. All right, but this is the last time. And I better be up to my jowls in tuna afterwards!"

The same happened as before. Crowley challenged the two as Niho and Grim followed the same routine as before, proving their work as before.

Grim panted, "Ha...ha... Well?"

Crowley, who had shape-shifted back into his normal form, was stunned to say the least. "Incredible... I've never seen anyone bend a monster to their will quite the way you have." He stared at Niho in amazement, then started rambling, "I must confess, my educator's intuition did sense something about you after that brouhaha at orientation, Niho. I could tell you had a certain animal trainer-y, beast master-ish quality to you. Oh yes. That said, I..." but the rest was inextinguishable since he was muttering more to himself.