Stranger Waking

I thank KatherineOzawa of Wattpad for helping me.

Darkness. Nothing but black as far as the human eye could see.

Slowly, small pieces of a chamber were poking out here and there in a wide room. And in the center was a large ornate mirror, where green flames bursted inside the glass.

"Ahh...my dear esteemed benefactor... My proud, beautiful flower of evil."

A lone figure slowly staggers to the mirror.

"You are truly the fairest one of all."

The figure kept drawing to the mirror as if entranced.

"O magic mirror, thy wisdom I entreat... Reveal unto me the visage I seek..."

Then everything was swallowed by blackness.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The sound of hoofbeats could be heard as a lone horse pulled a carriage containing a coffin, sealed, inside towards a grand building in the distance. The iron gates were open, the skies were painted a dark purple, and the bright moon the only source of light. Casting shadows on the dark ground it burned, a breeze flowed on, swaying the barren branches of trees, and the vehicle passed under the iron arch into hallowed grounds.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The figure stood in front of the mirror, closer now.

"You, whose image the Dark Mirror did beckon forth... If your heart bids it, take the hand of the one reflected in the mirror."

A hand with elongated fingers materialized inside and the figure took it with no hesitation.

"To me. To them. To yourself. The hour grows long, and time is scarce. Keep steady your grip, no matter what may come..."

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The sounds of rattling were heard, waking up the person inside, but all that was seen was darkness.

"What's that noise?"

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." a high pitched voice complained somewhere. "Urgggh! This lid weighs a ton! Try this on for size! Mya-ha!"

Next thing, there were blue flames.

"F-fire?!" the person squealed, trying to shield their face from getting burnt.

Something thudded and there was light peeking between the crevices of their fingers.

The room was full of floating coffins in a circularly widened room, small lanterns flickered with green light, giving off an eerie vibe to the room. And a large mirror hung up onto the wall in front.

The person looked down to see a small cat-like creature with grey fur muttering to himself. He had a scruff of white fur on his chest, pink paw pads, Blue flames on his ears, matching eyes and a pitchfork tail. Tied around his neck was a black and white striped ribbon.

"Now to grab the goods... What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" the creature jumped back, scared.

"A talking...weasel?!" The person's eyes jumped from the creature to the thing they were inside. "And why am I in a coffin?!"

"How... How DARE YOU! I am no WEASEL! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire! Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" The creature demanded.

"Are you crazy?! I'm not going to strip!" The person shouted, shielding themself from him.

"If you don't...you're gonna regret it!" To prove his point, Grim summoned a barrage of blue flames. But the person was left unfazed by his threat.