Caught

"I do it!," Izabella jumps excitedly over her punch, immediately regretting having hit Banner. She covers her mouth as her smile changes to a frown, reaching to help up her friend, " Mne zhal' !"

Svetlana offers a thumbs up from the porch, dressed in her heavy winter wool as she watches the twosome wrestle in the snow. She waves them off and moves back inside with a call in Russian for them to come in soon to 'avoid frostbite.'

Bruce is laughing over Izabella's reaction, proud of her ability to somehow inexplicably knock him off his feet. He reaches to accept her hand, focusing on the interaction with an intent focus. She chuckles until the typical green encircles their touch, an elongated buzzing between their fingertips as she moves to 'help' pull him upright.

The girl scrambles with wide eyes as she pulls back abruptly, startled by the encounter.

Bruce tightens his jaw, equally curious over the brief event. He's intrigued while she looks into her palm with fear.

"Does that happen a lot?"

She shakes her head, eyes wide, "No. Only you."

"Only with me?" Bruce nods, wishing he had the space to test a few theories. He reaches a gentle open palm in her direction, "May I?"

Izabella watches intently. She trembles as their fingers collide with a light green spark.

The scientist holds their palms together, watching steady circles cover over their hands. Her jaw drops. He's in awe, unsure of what to call the phenomenon. Izabella's eyes tear with just a drop of blood slipping from her nose.

He studies Izabella's reaction, "Are you okay?"

She flexes her fingers, wrist under her nose and craves an explanation, "What was...what happen?"

"I have no idea."

"But you smart."

"That, doesn't mean I know everything. Your eyes got all- green. So you saw that? Felt it too?"

She nods.

He rubs at his bristled cheek, overdue for a shave, "You need to tell me everything from your perspective. What was going through your mind? What emotions were you feeling-sorry, back up; so you're okay?"

Izabella nods, unsure but curious enough, "I see colors...no. Like, stars."

He scratches his head, unsure if using English will be the best way to form a true hypothesis with the child. He crouches to her level, potentially expecting too much from Izabella;

"Okay! Here's how we're gonna do this; I want you to write."

"Write?"

"Yeah, write in Russian, Czech, whatever you want. Every detail of everything you just saw. Like...the same way you do it for science projects at school...Does that make sense? I want to help you, but I need details. Yeah?"

"I have superpower?"

"Maybe?"

The look on Izabella's face seems to express discontent.

He hums, wanting to offer a hand and some comfort though that seems to be the last thing he should do, "It's okay."

"I good? Or I am bad."

"Yeah...You're a good kid."

She nods cautiously, "You, help me?"

Banner's eyes soften, sensing optimism in her stare, "I'll help you figure it out. And you don't have to be afraid. It's just, one, big, complicated math problem."