Trouble

Natasha and Bruce make their way up on the hill, crouching a mile or so out from an abandoned building. She reaches into her pocket to double check the coordinates and taps her com for Fury.

"I have eyes on our building," Romanoff gives Bruce a nod.

Even if there's no response, Natasha has too much on her mind to question it.

Banner has gone quiet, practically dead in his expression as he looks on with pale cheeks. Even in the cold it is hard to see his reddened nose.

Natasha lays a hand over his shoulder;

"I'll go in and grab the girls. Blonsky doesn't know you're here-."

He retorts abruptly, "If anything goes wrong, you take the girls and run."

With concern in her stare she whispers, "Okay."

"Promise me, Tasha? I can distract him but-."

She nods half-heartedly, "Fury will be right behind us."

He refocuses back on the building and mutters, "Let's just get this over with."

Natasha loads her pistol and shakes her head, "This is not how I imagined spending my Christmas with you."

"Could be worse."

She stands with a hand reaching in his direction, "Come on Vrach."

Natasha and Bruce enter the building without a hitch. He follows behind her as she aims her weapon at shoulder height, lowering only once she spots the prison of children.

Bruce moves ahead to aggressively break the handle, fed off of frustration and a bit of rage for losing their young friend. Natasha can't deny she's impressed though not shocked. He certainly is not passive when it comes to protecting the people he loves.

Bruce has already made his way to Izabella who greets him through the bars with tears in her eyes.

Izabella shakes her head when he analyzes the lock, "I try but, it not work."

He doesn't answer, green crawling up his neck as he struggles with it.

Natasha's nausea is back until Violet spots her friend;

"Miss Natasha!"

"Violet! Are you okay? Where's Riley? Linda?" Romanoff leans forward to take her small hand.

"Present!" Linda wheezes, dropping Riley who is on her shoulder.

Riley pouts and brushes herself off, "I was aiming for the vent, before you carelessly decided to drop me."

"Natasha is here," Linda points.

"Oh."

"I told you she would come back for us!" Violet remarks.

"Yeah. Okay fine. You were right."

Bruce successfully dents the top though he can't fully break the lock. Natasha reaches into her pocket for a pin and takes his place to give it an unsuccessful attempt.

Izabella holds the bars looking to check in on her aunt, "Tetya? Where Svetlana?"

"She's okay," Natasha answers kindly.

"Move Tasha," Bruce whispers, green traveling over his fingertips while he breathes to control it.

He shuts his eyes when he lets hulk have a bit more power over him. It's just enough to take down the door with a solid kick.

Natasha reaches for her husband's shoulder when he stumbles forward, checking for the evaporating shade of green on the back of his neck, "You okay?"

He nods. It's the most his two halves have worked in tandem in a long while. Possibly forever.