Soulmates

In a world where people are connected by  the soul. You are incomplete until you meet your soulmate. Well that's what I've heard about it so far.

I used to think that a soulmate is who you are meant to marry but my dad told me that, that isn't true in all cases. He also told me that it is rare, but you can have more than one soulmate.

My dad had told me about some guy called Wilbur. He called him his platonic soulmate, his best friend. And then there was my mum. She died when I when I was young, and it drove him mad. I slept in his room most nights trying to comfort him. And then one day, I heard him on phone with someone. His second soulmate, Wilbur.

One thing lead to another, we're moving house. To meet up with this Wilbur guy. I'm honestly rather excited, but at the same time, I didn't like the idea of moving away from my childhood home. Oh, and apparently he has a brother the same age as me. I haven't had too many friends in the past, I had trouble learning and was picked on for it. We now know that it's dyslexia and I've gotten my medicine for it.

Despite this, I was still too scared to try make friends. Too insecure about being made fun of.

That pretty much leads me up to right now. Driving through a forest on a rocky path, writing in this counting book. Dad said its for keeping track of money, doing the maths and so forth.

"We're almost there Bud." I remained silent twiddling my thumbs. "Tubbo, are you alright?"
"Hmm?" I looked up. "Oh, I blanked out."
"We're almost there Toby. Are you excited?"
"A bit." I smiled a bit. "But it's still a bit scary."
"Hmm." The horned man grinned. "Look in the red back pack, I was gonna give it to you on your birthday, but a few days early won't hurt. Maybe, they'll comfort you."

I turned to the back of the car. There were tons of bags, but luckily the bag he was talking about was nearer to the top.

I pulled it down. It was rather light, but I could feel that there was something inside. I unzipped it to see a plump bee and cow plushie.

I gasped. "ThanK yOU daD." I cuddled the soft toys.

I didn't get many toys growing up. We weren't the richest of families. After mum died, dad had trouble supporting us. So whenever he bought me anything, I knew that it was special.

"I wanted to get you something for you 15th birthday and I remembered you always loved plushies. I was worried you wouldn't like it."
"I love it. Thank you dad, I love you." I squeezed the plushies tightly.

He turned on the radio before snorting in disgust.

"Erggh, Stal. This song downright fuckin' sucks."
I shut my eyes and listen to it, "Yeah, there are definitely better. Like Chirp!"

He tuned into a different radio station and we spent the rest of the journey listening to music. 

-When they arrived-

"We're here! The Dream SMP."

I looked out the window. It looked like a very natural area, like it barley had any work done to it. But there were still a few buildings visible, and a path that  stretched into the distance. I was told that this was a new area, and that there wasn't many people here. I began counting the people stood outside the nice brick house.

Then I realised I hadn't had my medicine yet. How could I try speaking to all these people without it.

My dad got out the car and began talking to a group of people, I could barely hear what they were saying.

I looked around at all of the people stood around. There was a girl around the same height as me, she had dyed pink hair. There were three men, one with goggles, one with a mask and and one with a bandana. There were two boys holding hands, one with a blue hoodie and the other looked like a demon hybrid. And then there was 4 people I recognised.

In my old home, there was a scrapbook filled with pictures of my mum and dad. In quite a few of them, there was a man with white fluffy wings, a boy with pig-like features and a boy with a stupidly handsome face. I had been told that he was Wilbur.

And then I locked eyes with the last one. He looked the youngest out of the bunch. He had blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. Looking at him, I felt as if my chest was expanding. There was something there that hadn't been before.

He grinned at me with a charming, devilish smile and I knew then that I had found them...

my soulmate...

This was a fun one to write. There's a possibility I'll do a part two later if I get a  good idea.