First Day Chills

Azalea came down the steps as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Hi mom!" Azalea smiled as she saw Scorpia in the kitchen. Scorpia turned around as she smiled, holding a spatula in one hand while making pancakes. "Hey there Azalea! Your breakfast is ready." Azalea sat down as Scorpia handed her the plate with food.

Scorpia smiled with anticipation as her daughter took a bite. Azalea looked up at her mom as she panicked a bit, "Oh no, are they overdone? Underdone? Do you not like them? Are you allergic?! Oh no, where's your medical record-"

Azalea giggled as she stopped her mom's ranting, "Mom it's okay! These are amazing as always!" Scorpia let out a breath of relief, "Thank heavens, I thought it needed a final touch."

Once Azalea finished, she washed her plate. "Do you need me to take you to school? I know your getting your permit soon but don't be afraid to ask." Scorpia said as she finished the pancakes.

Azalea shook her head, "It's okay, Finn is coming soon. They offered to take me." Scorpia smirked a bit, "You and Finn have been getting pretty closer lately, considering you just went out a few days ago." Azalea turned bright red at the comment, "Mom! I-I can't help it, I always loved hanging out with Finn. Even if we weren't dating, we were always close when we were little."

Scorpia laughed, "I'm kiddinggg, you know I'm only teasing." Azalea giggled, "By the way, where's mother? I wanted to say goodbye before Finn gets here."

"She's out in the back, meditating as usual." Scorpia chuckled. Azalea made her way to the back.

———

Azalea looked at Perfuma, who seemed to have her eyes close as she humming.

"Um..mother?" Azalea whispered a bit. Perfuma let out an 'oh' as she opened her eyes. She looked up at her daughter as she smiled, "Azalea! Come sweetie, sit." Azalea giggled, "I really shouldn't, Finn is going to be here in 5 minutes." Perfuma patted the space on the mat next to her, "Which gives you time."

'Well..guess it couldn't hurt-'

Azalea sat next to her mother as Perfuma continued to meditate. "Mother..I need some advice..on something." Azalea suddenly said. "A-And I don't wanna ask mom because I know she's very close to Catra and she might tell her that Finn is telling me these things-" Perfuma opened her eyes and gasped a bit, "Darling, is Finn pressuring you into something?"

Azalea looked at her mother as her cheeks turned as she waved her arms, "WH-NO! Finn would never!" She took a deep breath, "Finn had told me about how they ran into someone at the park near Razz's house..They said she looked like someone familiar..And I just..I don't know what to tell them." Perfuma smiled, "Sooo, where does my advice come in?"

"I just..Now I'm kind of stressed about it because..What if that woman is Finn's birth mother?What if, suddenly, she sees Finn and she just..I don't know..takes them away?" Azalea sighed. Perfuma put a hand on her daughter's shoulder, "It's hard, when you think about something that sensitive for the person you care for..But I would have to bluntly say don't put that in your head. Everything is going to be okay, surely Catra and Adora had a talk with Finn about this, and they aren't going to let anything bad happen to them."

Azalea smiled as she gave her mother a hug, "Thanks, mother." Suddenly, Azalea's phone beeped. Knowing who it is, she stood up. "It's Finn, they're my ride." She gave Perfuma a quick cheek peck before leaving, "Bye! Love you!" Perfuma smiled as she waved, "Have a great day, sweetie! I love you too!"

Azalea ran inside to grab her bag and give Scorpia a cheek kiss, "Finn's here, gotta go!Love you!" Scorpia held up a stack of pancakes, "Doesn't Finn want any?" "They already ate before they got here but thanks mom!" Azalea smiled before she walked out the door. "Oh, okay then! Have a great day! Love you too!" Scorpia smiled. Once the door shut, she pouted,

"They grow up so fast."

-----

Azalea walked down the steps to be greeted with Finn leaning on their car. Azalea giggled as she made it to the last step. Finn smirked at her, "Hey gorgeous, need a ride?"

Azalea walked up to them, "See, I would...But I'm actually dating someone.." She teased. Finn grinned as they came closer to the smaller girl, "Oh? Such a shame..May I ask whom?" Azalea giggled as she placed her arms around Finn's shoulder, "Well, for starts..They're a big dork."

Finn dramatically placed one hand on their chest while the other rested on Azalea's waist, "Ouch! I'd be offended if I was this person." Azalea giggled a bit as she stood on her tippy toes, "Dork."

Finn leaned in a bit as Azalea let out a little "Hi". "Hey yourself, ready to go?" Azalea leaned in to give them a kiss on the lips. As soon as they both pulled away Azalea smiled, "Yes, as cute as this is we gotta go."

The two pulled away as Finn held open the door for their girlfriend. Once they closed the door, Finn made it to the passenger seat and started the car.

They began to drive off.

———-

"So....have you talked about it with your moms yet?"

"I don't even know what to say.."

It was afterschool, Finn and Azalea decided to hang out in the empty park by the school. The two sat on one of the playgrounds as Finn sipped on a caprisun. "Well...I'm pretty sure they've caught on with what you're thinking so it's best to put everyone at ease with it." Azalea softly smiled.

"Yeah but...Will it?" Finn softly chuckled, "I get my mom will be at ease with it but..my mama.." Finn sighed as they rested their elbows on their knees, "I don't know how she'll take it..."

Azalea looked at her partner in sympathy. No matter how badly she wants to change the narrative, Finn was right. Catra wouldn't be able to take it so good. After all, Catra was the one who felt closer to Finn the most.

Azalea smiled as she stood up from where they were sitting, "Hey...What if..What if we go somewhere right now?" Finn perked up as they raised an eyebrow, "Where?" Azalea smiled, "I hear that there's a really fun ride 20 minutes from hereeee." Finn chuckled as they knew exactly what she was talking about, "Alright then, I'm picking up what you're putting down."

Azalea giggled as Finn approached her. Finn grabbed her hand as they intertwined fingers. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up." They smiled down at the girl. Azalea grinned as she leaned a bit, "Well, I wouldn't be doing my job as your girlfriend right, now would I?"

They both laughed as Azalea pulled away, "C'mon! We don't wanna get home so late now." The two went back to the car hand in hand as they laughed.....

.....But what they didn't know was someone was watching them.

🌈Until next time