Additional Chapter; Hearts Day

Additional Chapter; Hearts Day ♡

[ Lucy Heartfilia's POV ]

Are you happy today? Excited for Valentine's day? Are you, perhaps, with your love one right now? Then you should consider yourself lucky for it. You should be thankful that you're beside the person whom you love. Cherish every moments you're with him/her because you don't know what fate's plan for the both of you. Like what happened to me...

As expected, I just stayed in my room even if I should be at the guild, celebrating Valentine's day with the whole guild. No, I don't have any intention on celebrating this day at all. It's shy to admit but I don't want to feel bitter around them.

I'm sure that there'll all be lovey dovey and seeing that made me wanna puke. All of their sweetness, the flying imaginary hearts surrounding these lovers. Oh, it only made me want to spray insecticide to them. They're so sweet that all of the ants died for trying to eat their sweetness.

I'm sure that Juvia's trying her best to give Gray her homemade Gray cookies, Happy giving all of his fish to Carla, Gajeel performing in front of the guild for Levy, Wendy receiving chocolates from Romeo and Doranbolt and Laxus giving Mira a bouquet of flowers... It doesn't mean that I'm not happy for them but... seeing them with their special someone reminded me of my beloved.

For the whole February, I've been in my room, writing my book. Yeah, I'm still not finished with my book. Unlike before, I'm not skipping any meals anymore which is good for my health. I bet that Natsu's proud of me right now. I'm improving a little but that doesn't mean that I'm not thinking of him every night anymore. Instead, I've been thinking of him a lot!

Regretting that I should have cherished the moments when I'm with him. It's just so disappointing and heartbreaking at the same time! Honestly, there are still times where I've been blaming the Lord for taking my pinkette away from me. Because of that, I wasn't able to celebrate Valentine's with my beloved!

I was working on my book until someone knocked on my door. I put my pen down and shut close my book as I stood up, heading for the door. Just on the door mat, I saw a bunch of chocolates, 1 big brown stufftoy and 2 bouquet of flowers. Who would leave these things on my doormat? When I got to read the little envelopes on them, I figured out that these stuffs were from Gray, Loke, Sting and Happy. They just greeted me a Happy Valentine's Day, that's all. Reading their letter just made a faint smile visible on to my face.

I took them inside and placed it on top of my table. It wasn't that long until another knock came from my door. "Who is it?" I called, heading back for the door.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Lucy!"

"Happy Valentine's day to you too, Erza," I wasn't expecting for the requip mage to appear in front of me, holding a box with a red ribbon neatly wrapped around it. Erza didn't even let me speak again as she walked straightly in my house without any permission from me. Of course I'm used to it since that she's been doing it a lot lately, even back then when Natsu's still alive.

"This cake is for you, Lucy," she placed the box of cake just beside the gifts I've received from the boys then she threw herself comfortably on my sofa, crossing her legs and taking a deep breathe.

"You don't have to, Erza, but yeah, thanks.." I thanked her as I sat beside her, giving her a warm smile. The requip mage returned back the smile, but a fiercly looking one. "Why aren't you at the guild, eh?"

"I should be asking the same thing to you.."

"People at the guild somehow made me feel bitter and sick just by watching them being all lovey dovey together.." She said bitterly, her aura changing from jolly and calm to bitterness. Well, I wasn't even expecting her to say that! Erza? Bitter to love? No, no.. The Erza I know was all into cakes and fights instead, not this crazy thing called love.

But I do remember her getting attached to Jellal, which probably is the reason why she's being bitter this Valentine's day. I supposed that I should call her my bitter buddy today, eh. For me being bitter 'cause my pinkette died while her being bitter 'cause her special someone kept on running away from her.

"We both have the same reason, then.." She turned to look at me unpredictably, knitting her eyebrows together as she asked, "What do you mean by that, Lucy?"

I let out a sigh and stared at my hands with an aweful look on my face, "We're both are being hopeless romantic, Erza..."

I wasn't looking at her at that time but I could already feel her smiling softly at me. Even I am surprised for what I've said, realizing that I've been a little sentimental around. "Yes, you're right," she said and giggled, running her fingers across her scarlet-colored hair. A commonly gesture that she's feeling uneasy at the moment.

No one dared on speaking for like, 3 minutes already. We both did nothint but to stare randomly while being caught off by our thoughts.

Until then, the person beside me started yelling out of the blue. Of course, this gave me goosebumps the time Erza yelled on top of her lungs, making me jump from where I am sitting right now. "Jellal's a jerk! I hate him for...being a coward!"

I came on shouting, too. "Damn you, Natsu! Why did you have to die and leave me all alone in this world!?"

"I thought that you're strong and brave, Jellal! But why can't you just commit yourself to me? Why can't you just.....stop denying your feelings and confess your love to me?"

"I thought that there'll be a forever---our love to each other will be forever but after you left me, I am starting to doubt the forever we once had! I can't even feel your love anymore! You dumb, you should have....taken me with you instead of letting me suffer like this?"

We haven't noticed that we're already crying. So it works, then? When you shout on top of your lungs the things or words you've wanted to tell to someone for a long time. I turned to look at the person beside me, Erza covered her face and sobbed repeatedly. She probably doesn't want me to see the famous Erza Scarlet that defeated a lot of mages and monsters crying helplessly over a silly little childhood friend.

And I'm.... crying because of a reckless pinkette.

"Natsu doesn't want to leave you like this, Lucy. But even if he's gone anymore, I want you to always remember those happy moments you shared with him. I know that I don't have to tell you this but... He still loves you." She told me in between her sobs, pulling me into a warm embrace. I hugged her back and leaned my head on to her chest, and there where I exploded emotionally. I'm glad that Erza went to celebrate Valentine's time with me... Even if it's all about puttig all of the blame to our special someone.

"Now, let me see...." As we broke our hug and let out attention be taken by the gifts I've received from my friends, Erza took a look on each of it with her eyebrows raised, acting as if she's a detective or something like that. "Mhmmm, I wasn't expecting Sting to give you something today. And also Gray, too. About Loke... Well, it's an exception."

I shook my head in disbelief and laughed a little, stretching out my hand to grab a pink rectangular box on top of the table with the other gifts. This is different compared to the others. This smell.... It's familiar, very familiar. Wandering what was inside, I decided to open it and saw a golden key. It doesn't even look like a celestial key to me at all, and also not an ordinary key where we use to look and unlock our door. It.... Looks more or a customized key to me instead.

My fingers ran around it, inspecting it. There where I touched something on it, like something was engraved on it. And when I turned to check it, I saw mine and his name on it.

A tear escaped from my eyes and landed exactly on our name engraved on it. I realized that he is still watching over for me. Happy Valentine's Day, Natsu.

I love you, as always.