Chapter 2 - Her Tears

Chapter 2 - Her Tears ♡

[ Natsu Dragneel's POV ]

Who would've imagined that I lose during my battle towards the evil looking dragon? Yes, I did beat the crap out of that freaking dragon but... the dragon took my life, too! I don't know how I managed to say all of this right now. This wasn't even happening inside my mind. I am dead, already dead. I must be a ghost now that would travel endlessly around the world, all by myself. To be honest, I hate myself. I blame myself for going on a job like this with her. Because of that, I only brought fear and danger in to her life.

I just wanted to get more information about Igneel from that dragon. I didn't even consider the consequences in the first place. What if there were two dragons there? What if we faced Acnologia instead? What if I failed to kill that dragon? Then.... They probably would have take her life, too. No, I don't want that to happen.

I guessed that it's a good thing that I ordered her to stay on her place and not to help me to fight the dragon. And it's also a good thing that she didn't protest on my sudden decision making--- probably because she was scared. I know that because I've felt that the time we faced the dragon. I admit that I'm afraid, too. Afraid of dying and leaving her.

I actually wasn't expecting this to happen. I wasn't expecting myself to die just like a popped bubble. Who would have thought that the salamander of Fairy Tail, the all known fire dragon slayer, got killed by a dragon itself? I was supposed to slay dragons, that's my purpose, not the wrong way around. What upset me the most is that I.... left her, I broke my promise to her. I am sure that Lucy's really mad at me right now for doing that. Of course, I'll probably feel the same way if I were in her place.

But....

I can't accept the fact that I'm dead now. I don't want to leave my friends, my family and most especially, Lucy. My blondie... My only princess... We were just beginning our long journey even if you could say that we've been together for years already. I am happy that I get to spend time with her, to go on a job with her and Happy. I am just happy that I'd met her.

She changed my life, so damn much.

She made me feel this way; heart pounding fast whenever I get to see or talk to her even for a little amount of time.

Me getting overwhelmed by her strength, by her thoughts shouting on top of her lungs not to give up.

The sweet smell of her blonde hair, Even right now, I can still imagine the smell of her perfume.

Lucy....

You don't know how much I miss you already. Don't worry, I did promise you that I would never leave your side. Never.

》》》》》》》》♥《《《《《《《

"N-Natsu..."

H-Huh? Did I just hear someone calling my name? Did I just hear Lucy calling out for me? No.. That's impossible--- I mean, I'm already dead, how come this is happening to me?

Maybe that it's just normal for us who's already dead to hear their voices. I've even remembered Lucy telling me that a corpse or a person in coma can still hear their relatives mourning for them. Is that, perhaps, happening to me right now?

"I d-don't know what to do now, Natsu. I-I feel so hopeless ever since you died in fron-nt of me. How could you?!"

Yes, I already know that. Even I could say that in front of you as well... Lucy...

"B-B-Baka!" she screamed helplessly, finally breaking down. I can feel someone hugging me tighter, and I can feel hot tears all over me now, somehow making me wet. This where I noticed that she was crying.... "Y-You said that you wouldn't never leave me!"

I did say that and I have no intention of breaking it to you. It's a promise, you know that I don't usually break my promise. It's just that.... Fate's being mean to us, Lucy. Fate's being kind of selfish for doing this to us--- now look what happened. Huh, how ridiculous of me to put the blame on fate. Let's just say that.... I'm that bitter for taking my life all of a sudden.

I could still feel her warm body pressing against me, making me feel more curious as ever. Is Lucy hugging my lifeless body? Probably. I wonder what's happening in there now. Should I try to take a peek?

I should...

There where I made my decision to flutter my eyes open, slowly scanning around my surroundings. I am inside Lucy's room, how did that happen? I heard the door immediately closed just as before I get to open my so called eyes.

Her room was still the same, nothing changed. Even the arrangment of her books, it's still the same. I was laying on top of her soft bed and her bed still smell like her, I could feel that Lucy's around just because of this familiar scent. But in reality, Lucy's not around at the moment.

Hmmmm... I think that I should go downstairs just in case they're all there. Of course, Lucy wouldn't just go on running downtairs without a good reason, without the doorbell being rung.

As I tried to sit up, I discovered something very shocking which obviously all of you wouldn't believe at all. I don't know what to say, I felt my throat drying, no words came from my mouth.

I don't know what to react. All I can remember right now is that I am inside Lucy's stufftoy. My soul transferred temporarily at her look-a-like me stuff toy, how unexpected it is.

"N-Nani!?!?" I exclaimed frantically, talking through the stuff toy. I realized that there are sometime I couldn't do with this temporary body of mine, they are 1.) I can't use my Dragon Slaying powers anymore on this situation, 2.) I wouldn't be able to eat anymore, huhu! 3.) I can't pick up fights with Gray and the others not like what I usually do with my real body and most especially, 4.) I.can't.touch.nor.kiss.and.hug.Lucy.anymore. aicuuwifjaohwuwirozn!!

But this doll can 1.) Talk, 2.) Walk, 3.) Laugh, of course, and yeah, that's all what I've noticed.

My eyes focused on the door as I started to hear footsteps running towards the door. I can smell her. Her scent, coming towards here.

"Natsu!" The door suddenly flew open, seeing a very desperate and depressed Lucy by the door. This is not the real Lucy I know... I mean...that time before I completely close my eyes, she still look neat as usual. I didn't even let any touch her with their filthy hands.. I left her in a situation which no one even touched her with filthy hands. That's how I love my Lucy. But right now, her eyes were still red from crying, and I could see a black and almost big eye bags under the eyes. Dry tears were still visible on her face, as a sign that she'd been crying the whole time ever since I died. Right now, I could tell that she looks like a poor lost puppy, not my fancy looking puppy anymore. "N-Natsu?"

I was driven off by my thoughts, forgetting that I am already dead and was posessing her doll at the moment. I really wanted to hug,kiss and shout to her that I am still here, that I didn't break my promise to her. I believed that there are reasons why I am here, and that's what I should figure out on my own. I have a mission here in this world, and maybe, just maybe, I'll resurrect from the dead if I succeeded in my mission. Well, I'm definitely on it! I'll do eveything just to be with Lucy again!

Lucy... I'll be back.. Don't worry..

The blonde sat on the ground, staring down on her hands as tears started to stream down her face. "I-I thought that I heard h-his voice..."

Huh? She can hear me?!

"I-I'm just imagining t-things, maybe," she let out a sob, her sob made me feel sad for her. "I-I miss you.."

Oh no. She was shredding her tears again and I hate it seeing her like that. Of course, what kind of a boyfriend are you in you letting your girlfriend to cry silently, probably because of you?

I don't want my Lucy to shred her tears because of me all over again.

Don't worry, Lucy, I promise to you that you wouldn't be crying anymore...

It's a promise!