Chapter 3 - His Funeral

Chapter 3 - His Funeral ♡

[ Lucy Heartfilia's POV ]

Tomorrow is the day where we'll get to say goodbyes to our beloved Salamander of Fairy Tail, Natsu... Him being dead for 5 days seemed to be like 5 years already for me. It's just that.... I'm not prepared for this. I don't want to accept the fact that he's gone now. Oh Natsu....

"Lucy..." my blunette nakama, Juvia, called out my name as she sat down silently beside me. My eyes did not leave on his coffin, "Y-Yes, Juvia?"

"Y-You should go and take a good bath, Lucy.." I could feel her dark blue unpredictable eyes fixed on a gaze at me, making me feel quite if an uneasy. I know that she's worrying for me, like everyone else, so that's why they're doing this for me. Honestly, I feel so thankful that they didn't leave my side especially right now where I'm facing the strongest storm of my life. But.. They're not the problem in here. It's me...

I just have to prove the strength of my anchors, especially right now. Whatever I do, I kept on ending up feeling down and all! Why does this have to happen to me?

"Lucy?"

"B-but I don't want to leave him here," I snapped myself back to my thoughts, now deciding to take a glimpse of her. Juvia's lips curled into a sad smile, making me feel like someone just stabbed my heart. She's sad, also. She clearly doesn't want all of this to happen, all of them.. "Don't worry, Lucy, we'll stay here for him. We won't leave him..."

Juvia...

I had trusted her ever since we performed the unison raid. I considered her offer for a while and agreed to it, "Alright then, Juvia."

Before I leave, I closed my eyes and muttered something to my boyfriend's lifeless body. I'll be back, Natsu..."

I stood up and made my way towards the door, not daring to take another glimpse of his coffin.

"See you later, Lu-chan."

"We'll watch him over for you, Lucy."

"Take a rest, okay?"

I nodded slowly at them, a gesture for them to know that I'll do what they told me and also... That I'm not in the mood to talk to them, too.

A little walk towards my apartment felt so depressing, felt so lonely than before. I mean.. I've been walking on my own even before I've met him and I'm not feeling anything at all. Not like today... It's just that.. everything has changed. As I reached my apartment, I walked straightly towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.

I shrugged my skirts and my hoodies off, taking off my underwear as well and calmly stepped inside. I turned the showers on, feeling the cold drips of water on to my face and around my body.

The water is just so cold, like me right now. I don't even know how I started comparing myself to the cold water that has been flowing down onto my body. I usually preferred hot or warm water, not cold. I am usually..... having a warm heart, not cold. But after what had happened, I've become cold and kept on blaming myself of his death.

All of this pain and depression, I can't take them anymore. It's just too much. Why does life have to be tough on me?

It wasn't that long till' I realized that I've been crying for almost 5 minutes already, inside the shower. For doing this, it made me pity myself!

"Damn you, Natsu!" I shouted, closing my eyes as I sat helplessly on to the cold floor, "I-I just can't accept the fact that... you're gone already!"