Chapter 13 - Where it all happened

[ Lucy Heartfilia's POV ]

We all stared with mixed emotions towards the dragon's soul in front of us and the dragon did the same thing to us, staring back at us confusingly. He looked as if he don't know what's happening right now until he finally saw me, the dragon slayer's girlfriend. Of course, even if he was a dragon, I recognized a shock expression on his face. He wasn't even expecting me to see him, eh?

But something was wrong. I could even notice a despairing look on his fierce and serious face. Why is he sad of? Am I that pityful that a dragon looked down at me, also?

"So, you're alive?" The dragon spoke in a husky and low voice that sen chills down my spine, remembering its loud roar while battling Natsu at that day. I found his greeting to me rude, who wouldn't?

I cleared my throat, trying to find some words to that and also for my voice since that I am too shocked to talk. "Look what have you done to me.. You made me feel this...sorrow for taking his life away from me."

The Dragon seemed to focus on to Natsu's scarf I am wearing right now, probably remembering the guy whom he killed for no reasons at all. "Oh I see, you're referring to that pinkette whom I believed, owe that scarf you're wearing right now."

I didn't respond. Before I knew it, tears rolled down my face, again. I hate myself for crying in front of this freak. He don't deserve to see me on my rock bottom. This dragon deserved all of my hatred towards him, for killing such an innocent person. "Why didn't you just listen back then?" I muttered furiously, clenching my wrists as I gritted my teeth as well, "Why did you have to seal your head back then!? We weren't going to fight you at that time. No, we don't have any intentions to do so!"

"Did you think that we're going to kill you like what others attempted to do to you? Do you think that we're plotting the same like what they plotted to you?"

The Dragon just stared at me, his lips forming into a fine line. "Why, weren't you thinking of that? Isn't that the reason why the two of you took that job, is to kill a dragon like me?"

I shook my head furiously, crying as I tried to make the dragon realize what our real intentions back then. "No! No..."

"Natsu, the one whom you killed, only wanted some information on where he could see Igneel.. That's all what he wanted and yet, you just attacked us without even listening to us as we explain.. You...also took away the hope in everyone's heart. Natsu... He is our main source of hope in our guild. He is a great guy. Why did you have to kill him, eh?!" Erza went to my side and pulled me in a comforting hug that might will make me feel contentment. I burried my head on her chest and burst out into tears, more crying than before. "He is so important to me. We have so many plans for the future and yet, why did you have to do that?"

"You took our hope in reaching our dreams.. You also took away the smile that I always wore! And you also...took away my beloved boyfriend's life!" The dragon averted his gaze from me and focused on to his remains, frowning. Maybe, just maybe, I made this dragon felt conscious for what he had done. But what am I going to do with his pity and regret then? It ain't gonna bring Natsu alive then.

"Will you still keep on sulking if I tell you that his soul is still around?" All of our attention went back to him, surprised to what he had said. I raised my head and looked confusingly at the dragon, thinking that maybe this is just a lie.

"Uhm... What do you mean by that, dragon-san?" Wendy caught the dark blue dragon's attention, making her feel a little bit of distressed by it; knowing that this dragon killed him. But if the dragon was indeed telling the truth then, it really would be a good news at all!