Chapter 19 - Proposal

[ Natsu Dragneel's POV ]

EARLIER BEFORE THE CEREMONY

"Is everything all set now?" I asked the  raven head with a hint of nervousness in my voice.

He seemed to notice the tension that surrounds me, which he decided to give me a small pat on my salmon pink hair and replied, "Yeah, hot head.   Hey, chill there, will ya'? Don't be too nervous about it."

"Who wouldn't get nervous at all!?"

"That's unusual for you, Natsu. You're not the type who gets this nervous."

With that, a sigh of defeat escaped from my lips.

Gray furrowed his eyebrows together, getting a bit serious now. "Just be yourself, Natsu. Besides.." he paused for a while, his lips curling to form a cheeky grin.

Gray took out a small box from his pocket, showing it to the nervous pinkette beside him. He tapped it a couple of times and continued, "I'm sure she'll say 'yes' to it."

"I really hope so."

"I know she will."

Gray pocketed the small box which I presume to be the ring that I favored him to get for me. "Don't worry.. I will put it in your pocket."

"This is only between the two of us, pervert."

"Sure, hot head." Gray said reassuringly, now waving his hand at me. "See you, Natsu."

It will not be long, Lucy.

In a few hours, I will be able to touch you again,

to feel your presence,

to hug you, to kiss you

and to propose to you,

pouring everything to you,

all of this, I wouldn't mind.

Only just for you, Luce.

BACK TO THE PRESENT

As I opened my eyes, I felt like I've gained my strength back. My eyes were still glued on to the ceiling-- our guild's ceiling, I assume. I looked down on my hands and squeezed them. Though by that move, my body aches, as if I have been using my body for a long time now even though it's been months since I am in this body, in my body.. My muscles felt sore and it's kind of difficult for me to move my limbs. It took me a minute or two before I snapped back my thoughts in reality.

I am alive.

And I have returned back to my body.

I am not a plush anymore!

I hastly sat up and glanced around-- I saw my family, Fairy Tail, as well as my friends from other guilds. They were all too silent, too shocked to speak nor react.  I just managed to flash my usual cheeky smile to them.
Then I went to look around for my blonde and crybaby girlfriend. There I saw her, standing beside Erza with her eyes closed as if she's praying. *insert Lucy's features*

I did not hesitate. I stood up, hopped down the coffin and walked straightly towards her. Step by step, I still can't believe that I am here now. Step by step, I am getting closer to her now despite of the pain I am feeling right now. I am sure that this pain is no match to what she felt the past few months after I disappeared. I am sure that this pain will be worth it, especially after knowing that I finally fulfilled my promise to her now.

She held her hands and gave it a squeeze. I could sense that she worries too much, that she can also feel my presence now. Here I am, kneeling in front of her while I'm gently cupping her hands into mine.