Chapter 5 - Move on, Luce

[ Natsu Dragneel's POV ]

Days have already passed since my funeral. Everything seemed so normal for me, as if I didn't exist nor die at all! Everyone seemed to be back on their normal business which is really good, except for one.

Lucy...

I've been here beside her for days already, watching her as she kept on crying until she fell asleep. She barely eat her meals anymore, which would really bad for her health. If I were there, then, I wouldn't let her do that! But... She's being like this because I left her.

There are many times where some of our friends in the guild came to visit her, bringing her food and comforting her. Including Happy. Happy always go here to check Lucy's condition, even though she can take care of herself. Happy did really do his promise to me, that he would always be there for Lucy. I am grateful of him, really. I swear, if I came back to life, I'll buy him a lake full of fish, just for him!

"Lucy, you gotta take your breakfast! Natsu doesn't like seeing you like that!" He said sincerely as he handed the blonde a plate of bacons and eggs, hoping that she would take it and eat it but no.. Like what he'd expected, she didn't take it. Instead, she just stared blankly at it and muttered, "I am not hungry, Happy."

"That can't be true, Lucy! You haven't eaten anything since the day Erza visited you to bring you food," the blue exceed frowned, shaking her shoulder just to get her attention from where she'd been staring at. Happy followed her gaze and it landed on a picture frame, a picture of me and Lucy smiling widely at the camera.

We took that picture a year ago, while we're celebrating our 2nd anniversary of being together. I guess that it'll just remain as a memory, then. With me dead, me and Lucy couldn't get to.. celebrate our 3rd, 4th, and so on anniversaries. It'll just... be a dream, then..

"Anyways, Lucy, Are you coming tomorrow?" Happy said in a sad tone, he's sad because Lucy didn't even listen to him. He somehow felt that he's slowly failing on taking good care of Lucy. How could he possibly do that if Lucy herself doesn't care?

Lucy just looked at him cluelessly as if she didn't know anything about what Happy's talking about. "What about tomorrow?"

The exceed sat beside her, letting out a sigh, "How come you already forgot about it?"

"Just tell me what's special tomorrow--

"It's Elfman and Evergreen's wedding, Luce!"

Elfman and Evergreen are... getting married!? I know that it's obvious that they both liked each other from the first and--- they both looked cute to each other. I even remembered them arguing each other in front of me, how adorable. Who would've thought that they ended up together? Just like me and Lucy.. We're like... bestfriends, that's all. Until it started to develop into a weird feeling to love.

Now, they're getting married and I admit, I envy the both of them. Commiting and confessing my love for her in front of the altar with God as our witness, was one of my dreams besides being with Igneel forever. Was, yeah, 'cause I have like.. 10% of making it possible. 10%, if I succeeded in my mission on making her move on. I just thought that maybe, just maybe, I made her move on about my death is that I'll get to live again. Nothing's impossible. That's possible especially that magic do exist in this world.

Just like my reaction to that, Lucy gasped with her eyebrows knitted together into a frown. She looked like she feel sorry and guilty for not being able to remember about it. "Oh my gosh, I forgot! I-I'm so sorry, Happy and-- thanks for making me remember but... I guess that I won't be attending their wedding tomorrow. I'm...sorry."

N-Not attending? How come? What's your reason, Lucy?

"Eh!? Why aren't you attending their special day, Lushi?" the exceed asked her shockingly.

Lucy couldn't able to speak, she remained silent with her head lowered. She hid her shy-and-guilty face to the blue exceed. "...."

Happy seemed to get what's Lucy thinking at the moment and it seriously made him pissed off, the first time I ever saw him like that, again. "....Let me guess... You just don't feel like attending because you're still not done mourning over Natsu, eh?"

The blonde mage didn't speak.

"T-This is just not right.. Luce! D-Don't use Natsu's death as an excuse of not attending that! Natsu...." my eyes fixed on my blue exceed partner as a sob escaped from his mouth-- he's crying, again. "--...Natsu doesn't want that!"

Lucy somehow felt guilty for that and she remained calm instead. "You can't blame me for that, Happy.."

"But you know what is right and what is wrong, Luce! Don't let... your emotions overcome you, Lucy."

"Happy... Gomen," is all what she could say for now. The exceed shook his head in disbelief then left her without saying goodbye. He used the window, as always. Lucy just sat there quietly with the food Happy served her. I didn't notice that her tears started to stream down her face-- she's crying, again. No, don't cry again, Lucy!

I don't like the thought of someone crying because of me. She's being like this because... she just can't help herself from moving on. I'm that dear to her.

I hate myself for making them cry, even though it's not my intention to. I hate myself for... everything.

Because of me... Lucy......

She still haven't moved on.

"Go.."

Lucy raised her head then looked around shockingly, wondering where the voice came from. She looked like she'd seen a ghost though, her eyes all widen and her jaw dropped open. "E-Eh?"

"Just... go."

"W-Why should I go?"

"Because it's your nakama's wedding, their special day.."

She shook her head for no words came out from her mouth, tears still falling uncontrollably.

"Like what you'd said to me... Your nakamas are very important to you."

"B-But.."

"No buts."

"Ugh...Why are you doing this, Natsu." She finally let out a sigh of giving up, standing up and looking at me with a sad smile on her face. "Fine, I'm going to buy a dress for their wedding tomorrow.."

She went to get her pouch and her keys, heading towards her door. Lucy took a glimpse of me for a while, "I'm doing this for you, Natsu" before she left.

I'm glad that she changed her mind. I am starting to feel that this will be the beginning of my 'operation: Make Lucy move on' mission. I guess that she mistook my voice as her imagination, then. "That's my Lucy.."