Chapter 15 - Her Nightmare pt. 1

[ Natsu Dragneel's POV ]

Eh!?

Why is Gildarts standing beside Happy and Levy? Maybe that he unintentionally eavesdropped on Happy and Levy's conversation and forced them to bring him to me? Probably. As soon as Gildarts saw me, I didn't dare to move. He walked towards me, with the two bluenettes following him. Gildarts leaned down and grabbed me, staring down at me intensely as if he was planning on eating me alive. He inched closer to me, only an inch away from my face. I tried not to blink or look away, but after a few seconds, I blinked accidentally. "Ha! So you are alive!"

I still didn't move.

"There's no need for you to act, Natsu! Besides, we already told Gildarts everything about you.." Levy spoke, letting out a sigh, then looked at me with a tiny smile on her face. That smile somehow told me to trust her, so I did.

I closed my eyes for a while and crossed my arms at Gildarts, who was surprised to see me actually moved. "So, you've been possessing that doll all this time!"

"Yep," I simply said, yawning boringly.

Gildarts finally lowered me and put me back to Lucy's bed, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips fixed into a straight line. He looked upset for some reason. Did something happen?

He cleared his throat, catching my attention, and spoke with a hint of sadness on his voice. "Uhm.. Natsu, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for referring that difficult job to you, I'm really, really sorry about that."

Almost everyone who I faced apologize to me. They all felt as if it's their fault why I ended up dead, why my soul ended up in this silly little doll that looked like me. Hearing these only made my head ache, I don't want anyone of them to apologize over something that isn't their fault. I am the one who chose this, I am the one who should be blame for my death, not them. I leaned back on the pillow, a small frown went visible on my features. "I am the one who took the job, Gildarts. It's not like you force me to do something dangerous like this."

"I shouldn't have told you about thi--"

"Stop," I cut him off before he goes blaming himself, again, "I don't want anyone to apologize for what happened to me. Please.. Don't make me remind that horrible scene, again.."

Well, at least that made them all silent. I heard someone sob, and I didn't expect to see Gildarts doing that noise. I raised an eyebrow at him, "Why are you crying?"

"Because you don't deserve something like this.."

Ouch, those words struck my kokoro. He's right, I know to myself that I had not done anything wrong in order to deserve this. Life is cruel, anyways, and unfair, too.

I snapped back from my little trance as Gildarts spoke again, wiping the tears that were streaming down his face. "You are like a son to me, Natsu. Therefore, I will do everything that I can just to help you get back to your body."

A smile appeared unknowingly on my face, nodding to that. "Okay."

The reason why Levy and Happy told Gildarts about this because they believe that Gildarts will show the way towards that very place where I defeated the dragon. They also believed that maybe they'll find some clues there that will help with my plan on getting back to my body.

I agreed, since we have no other choice but to try this one. Besides, the clock is ticking, we don't know when will I vanish from this world if I didn't get back to my body as soon as possible. "Well, it's a worth of a try?" I asked, glancing to all of them who were now circling me.