Chapter 16: Man of miracles

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

*The Hokuto Shinken, the secret fist of the seven stars, has been transmitted to only one successor for 2000 years. But Ryuken, the last master, didn't have the chance of having his own son. Because of that, he adopted four boys, to then choose one of them as his successor. Raoh the eldest, Toki the second, Jagi as third and Kenshiro the youngest.*

"Or at least, that's what Ken told me."

Rei: Did he ever told you what happened between the brothers, or what made he become the successor ?

"Apparently, out of the three, Raoh's the ambitious one, Toki's the nice one, and Jagi... is a prick. Summing up the whole thing."

Lin: So the one Ken went to fight...

"Yeah, Jagi. And, in all honesty, even if Ken said he could die... From what he told me, Jagi was always the weakest of the four, relying on underhanded techniques. So even if he does put up quite a challenge, I'm confident he will win.

Rei: ... You think after he's done with Jagi, he'll go after the other two ?

"It's always a possibility. If they're alive, he will at least try to find them... ..."

Rei: Let me guess, you want to meet with them too ?

"Toki, at least... Unlike the others, Ken had only praise for him, so I really want to meet the man in person."

Bat: HEEEEY !! news !! We received news from Ken !!

"Well... Speak of the devil."

Bat: Yes ! A traveling merchant brought this letter of Ken !

Rei: ...

Bat: Hey ! What did he write ?!

Rei: He is going to continue his trip a bit. He wants us to take care of you.

Bat: Wh- What ?!

"So I take it I was correct with that hunch ?"

Rei: Yes. He probably wants to deal with this succession problem... As the only inheritor of Hokuto Shinken...

 Rei: Why are we here ?

"Killing an entire flock of birds with one stone. After all, if we can find Toki, we'll inevitably bump into Ken too."

Rei: ... He asked us to take care of Bat and Lin...

"And where's the problem ? The thing is 'Watch over them'. It doesn't matter if it's in the village or elsewhere, as long as they're with us."