Chapter 31: Compassion

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

Your POV:

 Souther: Huh huh huh

Souther: Huh huh huh... A successor to Nanto Seiken carrying the summit of the mausoleum. The final touch that makes this a perfect work of art ! Shu ! This cross mausoleum is perfect for you who rebelled against me ! Huh huh huh... What incredible irony that you provide me this great service ! HA HA HA HA !!

Shu: UH !! Gh... GWAHAR !!

Hostages: Aah ! Lord Shu !!

Souther: ... SHU ! That summit represents the sacred epitaph of the mausoleum ! If you let it fall, you'll pay with the blood of the hostages !

 SHU ! That summit represents the sacred epitaph of the mausoleum ! If you let it fall, you'll pay with the blood of the hostages !

Villagers: Ooh ! He got back up ! Lord Shu !

Souther: Huh huh huh...

Shu: ... Don't worry... Compared to your lives, this rock isn't so heavy. Even if I run out of strength, I'll carry it with my spirit ! Guh !

Villager: Shu... His wounds are opening even more ! Ah ! Rizo !!

Souther: Oh ?

Rizo: Holy Emperor ! Let me at least tend to his wounds !

Souther: Hm... Are you dreaming or what ?

Rizo: Shu and I studied the same Nanto Seiken ! This is the man who I have shared joy, pain, end trained with ! Have mercy !

Shu: Rizo... You...

Souther: Very well. If you wish you can use that cloth to wrap up his wounds. In return, however, you forfeit your life and those of your family !

Rizo: Uk... Rha ! F- Forgive me...

Shu: Thank you, Rizo... Your feelings count even more. Everyone listen. Don't move from now on. Within you, your hearts are acting, and that's already plenty for me ! Your hearts will bring light back to this world !