THE BUTTERCUP

'God...It's all kind of confusing...Why should LiZhen Jie put Tang Yi in adoption if she has a good sibling as your father?' Meng ShaoFei rubbed his face.

After they finished talking with both elders, Li DeLun and Meng ShaoFei lay down on the grass at the hill near the Li family's house, staring at the stars above them.

'Why should she let Tang GuoDong who takes care of him instead of her own family...That is the second...' Li DeLun added.

'Your parents said that LiZhen Jie was terrified of something...Is it possible that she was under threat?' Meng ShaoFei asked.

'Every probability is possible...' Li DeLun replied, 'Ah Fei...Why do you think Tang GuoDong kept uncle WenHao in jail?'

Meng ShaoFei think for a while, 'Is it possible that Uncle Chen was safer inside the bars?'

'But what kind of threat waiting for him outside?' Li DeLun asked.

'And the worse is, we still can't find a clue about Wang JiaMing...' Meng ShaoFei is almost crazy, 'Who do you think is the one related to Wang JiaMing? LiZhen Jie or Uncle Chen?'

'How supposed I know!? I'm not there when they were born!' Suddenly, the young lawyer halted. 'Wait...We can investigate it...'

'But how?'

'I don't know...But I'll find a way...' Li DeLun replied, 'Like it or not, this is my family affair, to begin with...'

'Let me know if you find something...' Meng ShaoFei said.

'Don't worry...'

************************************

Tang Yi stands in front of Tang GuoDong's tombstone, stares at the smiling photograph. 'Did you really already know about me?' He asked even he knows that no one will reply to him. 'Why didn't you tell me? What kind of secret did you and my mother keep from me? Why did I never know that I have a family? If you really trust me, why did I never know about your family? I hate my own father without knowing the truth...Why should I learn the truth from another person? Why not you just tell me? Why Lao Tang!? Why!?' The steady voice turns shaky and finally blows into shouts.

Tang Yi slumps to the ground as he gasps, for the first time in his life he feels betrayed. He has always been thinking that his mother had to face refusal from her family, that was why she put him in adoption. He thought that his father is just someone who tried to mend his mistake by sacrificing himself but tonight, he learned that everything is the reverse.

'Ex-Boss...Are you alright?' Jack who heard the shouts, run towards the man.

Tang Yi does not reply, tried hard to stand on his unstable feet due to his emotions. 'Jack...Can you find my cousin?' He asked.

'I can...But for what?' Jack asked for the first time.

'I have many things that I want to ask...' Tang Yi replied. He used to ignore anyone outside his group but since he heard the truth, he needs to know the big picture.

Jack smiles as he replied, 'Yes...'

************************************

Li DeLun walks home after he separated from ShaoFei, his mind is full of many things. He just plans to get sleep soon after he reaches home when his eyes catch a glimpse of a shadow in the corner of his house.

'Jack...' He recognized the shadow owner.

'Good evening, Lawyer Li...'

'What is it?' Li DeLun asked as he saw Jack is a little reluctant.