THE GARDENIA

Wang HuiFen stands in front of the balcony, facing the beautiful gardenia planted in the front yard of the Wang Manor. Behind her, the whole family gathered after the funeral.

'I make a lot of unforgivable mistakes in life...' The Empress started her speech, 'I have nothing to say, I even do not deserve to be forgiven...In the ancient world, my punishment should be sent to the cold palace...I make my decision...I will go and stay in Tibetan monastery till my end...'

'Sister-in-law...You don't have to do that...' Wang JiaLing interrupted, 'All of us has our part from the mistakes...If only we keep in touch with Yi-er's grandmother...None of this will happen...'

Wang HuiFen smiles sadly, 'ChiYu Jie...It's me who cut every relationship that we have with her...It's my request when your elder brother proposed to me...' She takes a deep breath, 'Even though he loves her...I can't effort to be involved with the third-party...' Wang HuiFen lifts her eyes once more, 'Even though I can't erase her from his heart...He even planted ChiYu Jie's favorite flowers everywhere...' She said as she looked at the gardenia.

'It's not like that...' Wang Huang interrupted, 'Grandfather Ming told me that the one he loves is just Grandmother HuiFen...'

Wang HuiFen lowers her gaze, smiling as she said. 'Your grandfather is a kind person...That was why he told you that...'

'Sister-in-law...' Guo DaRong who keeps quiet, finally opens his voice. 'You maybe never know...He saw you for the first time in the young entrepreneur's meeting...You are so cheerful, spirited, and talented...Ming Ge fell for you at the first sight...That was why he was very happy when his parents arranged his marriage with you...'

Wang HuiFen laughed wryly when she heard that, it was clear that she doesn't even believe that statement.

'Grandmother...' Wang Huang come closer, a box was held in his hands. 'Grandfather Ming...He told me that you will never believe his love for you...' Wang Huang gives the box that he holds, 'That was why he asked me to give this to you after he passed away...'

Wang HuiFen frowns a little as she accepts the box, 'This is...'

'Something that supposes to be yours a long time ago...'

Wang HuiFen opens the box only to be stunned, 'This is...' She touched the ballerina shoes that were kept neatly inside.

'He was your stalker...When he knew that you were dreaming to became a ballerina, to the point you learned it secretly...Ming Ge thought that marrying you will destroy your dream...' Guo DaRong said, 'For the sake of the one that he loves...Even though it was broke him, he decided to cancel the arrangement...Took all blame that he loves another woman...Chen ChiYu was our college friend, belongs to a good family, and talented as well...Ming Ge thought that she can be a good replacement for you...' Guo DaRong takes a deep breath, 'He just realized that he made a great mistake when he saw your parents beat you and abused you with cruel words...'

'What!?' Not only Wang HuiFen, everyone in the hall is equally shocked.

'That day...After he broke the engagement...We, he and I came to see you...He wanted to explain the reason to you...Confess his feeling and give the shoes as his support for your dream...But...Instead, to meet the cheerful you, we heard your screams...Ming Ge turned frantic as he forced your servant to tell him the truth...That was when he knew everything...' Guo DaRong looks at Wang HuiFen, 'The spilled water can't be retrieved...Ming Ge's regret was no end...That was why he never stopped his first wife from walking away...When he had another chance to marry you, he didn't waste it...He wanted to redeem your suffering but he said, your smile was never the same anymore...'

'Grandmother...' Wang Huang takes the roll of parchment that is kept in the box, 'This is Grandfather Ming's treasure...Do you want to take a look?' He asked, not even giving Wang HuiFen a chance to say something.