THE HYDRANGEA

On their way home, Tang Yi just silently gazes outside through the opened window. Jack who rarely sees Tang Yi in his daze situation can't help but ask, 'Ex-Boss...What happens?'

'It was my fault...For Ah De got shot...'

'What do you mean?' Jack frowned.

'He is not involved with any investigation...But I do...' Tang Yi replied, 'Just because I thought to set Meng ShaoFei free from the Wang family, I decide to find Wang Huang's sniper...Lead us into another finding, yet I'm not quitting...I involved Ah De in this...I'm the one who shot him...Indirectly...'

Jack turns his eyes back to the street, he couldn't find any words to comfort the man and that is the time when his phone rang.

************************************

'This is all folders about unit one's members thirty to thirty-five years ago...' Meng ShaoFei pulls out the folders hidden in his jacket, 'You don't know what I came through to bring you these...'

'Captain Meng has many accesses...It won't be that difficult...' Li DeLun smirked.

'You...' Meng ShaoFei take a deep breath then glance at the door before he asks, 'What do you want to search actually?'

'I don't know...'

'What!?' Meng ShaoFei feels he was cheated.

'Not because I don't want to tell you...But, I also don't know what I'm looking for...'

'Then...Why do you want to check it?'

'Would you believe me if I said that I talk with aunt LiZhen in the underworld...'

Meng ShaoFei was stunned for a while but then ask, 'You can remember your journey in another world?'

'Mhm...' Li DeLun replied, 'Why? Is it so odd?'

'Many people who have that such journey can't remember what they have been through...' Meng ShaoFei replied, 'But you even remember what you talked with LiZhen Jie...'

'Well...I can't answer that question...I don't know either...'

'You have that such good memory to remember yet you don't remember the man who shot you in the short-range and you want me to trust you?' Suddenly, Meng ShaoFei's logic worked somehow.

'Ah Fei...My shooter is not important...Soon after we caught the man behind this all, you'll find out who my shooter was and why that person did it...'

Meng ShaoFei lowering his gaze, this man is right. 'Is she alright?' He finally asked. 'LiZhen Jie...'

'Yes...She is alright...She is with the one she loves anyway...'

Listen to the answer, Meng ShaoFei smiles unconsciously. 'Thank God...They have been suffering for a long time...'

'Now our duty to bring them justice...'

Meng ShaoFei looks at the young lawyer, 'Tang Yi will kill us both if he finds out...'

'He won't kill you...But he can kill me after this all finish for all I care...' Li DeLun replied, screening the documents one by one.

'You will not believe me but, one of our Interpol used to be unit one Captain thirty years ago...' Meng ShaoFei explains, 'He entered the squad at a young age, became the vice-captain then became the captain in a short time before finally moved into the International police division...'

'Short time...'

'Yes...' Meng ShaoFei replied, 'He just needs three years since he enters the squad to the Captain position...'