THE TANSY

'Ah Huang...If you are willing...Let's report this case to the police...' Meng ShaoFei suggested.

'No!!!' Wang Huang looks so panicked, Tang Yi has no choice but to hug him to calm him down. 'Yi Ge...Don't let anyone know about this...' Wang Huang panicky looks at Tang Yi, 'Please...I don't want anyone to know...Not even Father and Mother...'

'No...We are not going to the police...' Tang Yi soothes the young man, 'Don't worry...No one else will find out about this...I promise...' He proceeds.

Meng ShaoFei takes a deep breath, he no longer says a thing. Dejectedly walking outside then stands beside the young lawyer who sits in his recliner and drinks the sake that Wang Huang left for him. 'Honestly, this is the first time in my life dealing with this such crime...' Meng ShaoFei rubbed his face, 'I was trained to comfort a raped lady but I never trained to soothe a raped young man...' He bumps his head to the wall, 'Gosh!!! The world indeed has transformed...If we fail to keep up with the changes then we will totally clueless...'

Li DeLun sighs as he replies, 'Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis...'

'Huh...?'

'Times are changed and we are all also changing with them...' Li DeLun replied, 'A Latin poem by Nicholas Borbonius...'

'Ohh...' Meng ShaoFei nodded, 'Nice saying...Then why don't you say that to yourself?'

'Is there anything in me that unyielding?'

'You ask me? Why don't you ask yourself? I don't know how should I name you...Discreet or hypocrites...'

'Meng ShaoFei...Can you not pick a fight with me?'

'Pick a fight!?' The police captain is growled. 'I warned you so that you learn to be honest at least to yourself!'

'I'm honest to myself...Which part of me is dishonest?'

'Which part of you is dishonest!?' Meng ShaoFei can't believe his ears, 'If you are honest enough to face your feeling then you will not stay here instead stands with someone who you love...It's not like you are an old-fashioned people who think that love is should between man and woman!'

Li DeLun snorts, 'Our definition of love is totally different from each other...'

Meng ShaoFei stares at the drunk man who sits in a recliner, this is the first time in his life he sees Li DeLun acting hopelessly. 'Damn it, Ah De! Instead of drinks here, Ah Huang needs you to comfort him!' His anger burnt at once.

'And then what?' Li DeLun asked back, 'After he feels the comfort then what? Is that change the fact that I can't do anything for him!? Just sweet words and consolation...He needs someone who can help him to rewrite the bad memories...'

'Then be the person!' Meng ShaoFei lost his patience, 'He loves you, you love him...Which part needs to think about!?'

'Everything!!!' Li DeLun almost shouts. 'Do you think I have something to offer him? We even can't stand side by side equally, what can I give him!? Madame Wang will use our relationship to pressure him even more...'

Meng ShaoFei lifts his forehead in amazement, his mouth gaps as many things he wants to say but no words could come out.

'Fine...Do what you think the best for you...' Meng ShaoFei gave up, 'But Ah De...Real love comes just once...If you let it passed then the one who suffers from the loss will be you...Besides...You have to remember! Ah Huang is not a woman...He doesn't need to you protect him...He needs you to stand with him...' Meng ShaoFei walks away, leaves the young lawyer alone.

'Woman or man...What is the difference? No matter who your partner is, all you want to do is take care of them...' Li DeLun mumbled, 'And I don't have enough power to do that...'