THE ACHILLEA

That morning, Meng ShaoFei sits among his subordinates to discuss the next case. This time, diamond smuggling. They received reports from many parties regarding the existence of diamonds whose chemical composition is the same as blood diamonds, which unluckily, this case is quite new for them. As they are in the process of discussion, suddenly, a few people knock on the doors.

Lo Bao walks to the door just to find three men bringing a tower of food boxes, making the young man have no option unless lets them in. Those police officers look at the food box towers which line up on the tables, glance at each other confusedly.

'Captain Meng...' One of the men asked.

'It's me...' Meng ShaoFei steps forward.

'Can you please sign this paper?'

'Wait...I didn't order these all things...' Meng ShaoFei was frightened. Only by a single glance at the box, he already knows that those food are so expensive, his whole month salary will not be able to pay the price.

'No, you didn't. Someone ordered it for you, the bills are paid off...' The man replied.

'Are you sure that these food are sent to the right address?' Meng ShaoFei asked.

'Yes...It's written by Mr. Wang Huang for Captain Meng and unit three of the police department. It says, presents for public servants who always did their best for society...'

'What!?' Meng ShaoFei doesn't have a chance to talk as his subordinates shout happily then run to the food box, sharing those among them cheerfully.

'Captain Meng...Please sign here...' The man said once more, make Meng ShaoFei have no choice but sign the paper. 'Ah, Captain Meng...Mr. Wang said to give this to you after you sign the paper...' The man gives ShaoFei a pretty box.

'What is it?'

'Ruby Roman grapes...It's specially ordered from Ishikawa prefecture, Japan directly just for Captain Meng...' The man answered then leaves the dumbfounded police captain.

Meng ShaoFei opens the box, looks at a bunch of the deep red ping-pong ball size grapes on the box. 'What so special with this grape?' He frowned. But still, he picks one and puts it in his mouth. The perfect sweet taste without any hint of acid splashed inside his mouth soon after his teeth crash the fruit. Addicted by the taste, Meng ShaoFei put the fruit in his mouth one by one. When the fruit is all gone, drown in his belly, Meng ShaoFei pursed his lips and says. 'Gosh...It is really good...'

************************************

That night, Tang Yi go home earlier than usual. ShaoFei rushes from upstairs to greet him at a lightning speed, plunges himself into the man's hug after giving him a sweet deep kiss.

'Have you eaten yet?' Tang Yi asked.

'No...'

'Want me to cook something?'

'Sure...'

Tang Yi goes to the kitchen soon after he changed his clothes. After checking the refrigerator, he takes his apron and prepares the ingredients. Meng ShaoFei not just standing, after a while living with Tang Yi, he learns basic things about cooking as well.

'Tang Yi...'

'Hmmm...'

'In Taiwan, where we could find Ruby Roman grapes?'

Tang Yi stops as he thinks, 'I don't think we could find it in Taiwan...But we could order it from Japan if you like...' He said as he proceeds.

'Could we do that?' Meng ShaoFei brightened, 'Online order?' He asked while cutting the vegetables.