Stone World

A muscular young man with leaves and vines around his waist was running along the river. He had spiky brown hair, thick eyebrows, and brown eyes. He had one stone marking starting at his hairline above his left eye and reached just underneath it, and another located under his right eye. He reached at a tree to catch his breath, but the sound of a familiar laugh grabbed his attention.

There standing in front of him was Senku with few more pieces of wood in one arm and the stone hammer in another hand. "You're finally awake, Big Oaf." he remarked playfully.

Suddenly, the brunette lunged in with tears gushing out from his eyes. Stupified, Senku's eyes bulged out as some nasal liquid spurted from his nostrils. "You're still alive, Senku!" cried his friend with exhilarating joy, arms out wide to pull him in for a hug.

The said boy quickly stomped his friend's face with his foot, stopping him just in time. "Don't come and hug me while wearing almost nothing!" he yelled. "I'll kill you!" When his friend moved away, Senku heaved a sigh while rubbing the back of his neck. "Today is October 5th, 5738. How long were you going to sleep? I woke up half a year ago and started getting to work."

"That means, since that day..." trailed off the brunette, who attempted to count how many years had passed.

But Senku beat him to it. "Around 3,700 years have passed."

His friend looked up astounded. "How do you know the date so accurately?"

"Well, I counted the days." replied the green-haired man nonchalantly. "Is there any other way?" Ignoring his friend's surprised look, he turned around and began moving ahead.

"You've been counting continuously in the darkness?" asked the latter who was trailing behind. He still couldn't believe that his friend would count from the time they were petrified till the present.

"Even if I can rely on my willpower to wake up, if I happen to wake up in winter with nothing around, it'll be game over for me due to hunger." stated Senku. "In order to wake up during spring, I must accurately know the date." He finally stopped at where the treehouse was located and smirked at his friend. "Alright, we're here. Don't just talk. Do some work."

The brunette stood next to him, and his eyes widened with surprise. "Senku, you... You made these from scratch?"

"Come on, we have a new member who just joined us today." called the said man.

"A new member?" repeated his friend before surprised was etched on his face. "You mean someone else woke up too?!"

"Oh, you're back." His ears perked up upon hearing an unfamiliar voice coming from inside the treehouse. Then out came a black-haired girl who said, "I've collected the salt with a clay jar. By the way, I think we should stock up on-" She immediately stopped talking when her gaze landed on someone whom she didn't recognise. "Is he the friend you mentioned earlier?"

"Yeah." he replied. After adding the pile of wood, he turned around to introduce them to each other. "Rikona, that is Taiju. Big Oaf, this is Rikona."

'I see that "Big Oaf" has been his permanent name.' thought the said woman with a sweat drop on the back of her head. Nevertheless, she climbed down the ladder and shook hands with the boy. "Nice to meet you." she said.

"Same here!" he said with a grin.

"Until now, I don't have enough manpower." continued Senku, causing the two to look at him. "I spent a whole day just preparing for the basic necessities on my own." He climbed up the ladder and stood at the edge of the house. "In order to go to the next phase of civilisation, I've been waiting for you, Taiju, because I'm ten billion percent sure that you'll survive. You're the man who decided to confess his love to Yuzuriha. Before doing so, how can you not persevere for a few millenniums? You're not that weak, right?"