Hot Line

Few hours had passed since the quartet had their secret agreement; well, mainly the three males since the young doctor was still skeptical about their plan. It was almost time for daybreak. Senku was the first to wake up and left the observatory to let Chrome continue snoring inside. He walked towards the laboratory but halted a few feet away from the building. There he saw a dim glow illuminating from inside. It was rather odd, he thought. Was there someone who started work earlier than him? He should've expected that because when he peered in, he saw the black-haired lass standing in front of the workbench with blueprints drawn on pieces of animal hide scattered all over.

"What are you doing up so early, Doc?" he asked, keeping his arms crossed while he leaned against the doorframe. "Hadn't you been sleeping since your last discussion?"

Rikona looked up with a raised brow before straightening herself up, keeping her grip on the half-used charcoal. "Well, good morning to you too, Mr. Scientist." she responded sarcastically. Her playful smile was then replaced with a serious expression when her gaze landed back on the unfinished diagram before her. "I've been having a lot of thoughts about this mission and couldn't sleep. So I figured I'd stay up to draw a few blueprints and some strategies on how we could successfully deliver the mobile phone without getting caught by Homura. Care to stay and listen?"

"Oh?" he drawled while approaching the workbench, clocking on the immaculate diagrams she'd drawn. A grin then made its way to his face as he said, "I see. They look pretty exhilarating. Now, then. Let's hear it."

Just as Rikona was about to start, a familiar voice interrupted from outside, "Hm? What's this? Senku-chan is having a discussion with Ri-chan without me? Now that's not very nice~"

She looked up, and a smile was plastered on her face when she saw who the uninvited guest was. "Ah, yes." she said. "Just the right person I wanted to talk to. Now that the two of you are here already, I'll start now."

It was soon time for the Kingdom of Science's first mission in bringing down the Tsukasa Empire. "Alright." began Senku, announcing to the rest of the villagers standing before him and the chosen team members. "Our first battle will be to bring this completed mobile phone to Taiju! There'll be four people for the execution team - Chrome as the engineer, Magma to transport the phone equipment, Gen to guide us, and Doc whose role will be the bodyguard. Secretly delivering this massive mobile phone to Taiju and Yuzuriha who are currently there as spies; this won't be an easy mission. Our goal is the base of the Tsukasa Empire in Tokyo."

"There's still a huge problem." voiced Kohaku while glancing at the side. "Tsukasa's Recon Specialist, Homura." Her gaze then shifted to the wider horizon, and she estimated, "From the snowy forest to the hill over there is within her surveillance."

"You can see that?!" exclaimed Ginro.

"How is that possible?" wondered his brother, who was struggling to even see that far.

"But this is a great route." said the green-haired scientist. "This route will lead us straight to Tsukasa Empire."

"If you all bring a large amount of supplies with you along for your journey to Tsukasa Empire, there's no way that she won't be able to spot and keep track of you." reminded Kokuyou.

"It's obvious that she'd assume we were trying to get a preemptive attack off." added Kohaku with concern. "The worst-case scenario would be Tsukasa finding out about the existence of our mobile phone. If that happens, then it's over!"

"What about venturing at night, then?" suggested Ginro.

"We're carrying the vacuum tube, it'd be bad if we trip and fall in the dark." rebutted Chrome.