Weapons of Science

While Rikona stayed back at the treehouse, the men left for the beach, with Taiju who began running down the beach gathering seashells. Senku sat on the rocks enjoying the view and the breeze, while Tsukasa stepped into the waters staring at the horizon with a pink seashell in his hand. It was silent between them, with the exception of the slow crashing and swelling sounds of the ocean waves.

"The Stone World is free." he suddenly spoke, before raising his hand to stare at the shell. "The shells are the same. They don't belong the anyone. It's the same for this ocean and this land." Senku didn't respond, and so he began to tell a story. "Once there was a poor young man. He wanted to make a shell accessory for his sister who was about to undergo surgery. His sister loved mermaids." He noticed the statue of a man whose bottom-half submerged in the sea, and stood in front of it as he continued." Also, there's a middle-aged man who owns the right to fish there. He was drunk. The boy who was collecting shells- No. In that man's words, he badly beat up that young man who was stealing the shells.

"However, a girl suddenly stepped in. She, too, had been collecting shells along the beach. Of course, the middle-aged man got angrier and tried to hit her. And the next thing the boy knew, the man was on the ground with the girl sitting on him twisting his arm. Yet, with a smile, she told the boy to wait for her at the coast. Moments later, she emerged with a bag filled with shells and said to him that she's willing to share some with him. In the end, the boy was able to make the necklace for his sister, but till this day, he never got to thank the girl who selflessly shared her shells."

Albeit the happy ending, the thought of the unjust old-world still angered him. He suddenly crushed the shell with his bare hand and destroyed the statue. Senku's gaze then fixated on the head rolling towards him before it stopped a mere foot away. "You're aware of what you did, right?" he pointed out. With a smirk, he looked up and added, "Tsukasa, you just killed a human being."

"Of course, I'm aware of that." responded the said man, who turned to look at him. "Senku. Are you planning to save everyone including those grown-ups whose hearts are tainted? Yes. I think they'll be grateful to you at first. However, when civilisation returns to the hands of the old, rich, and powerful people, they would surely say, "That's my land." "Pay the rent." "Pay taxes." They'll rob the future from the poor youth again. We can't go back to that kind of world again. This is Stone World. It's a paradise that hasn't been tainted. We'll revive only the pure-hearted youth to live in this world that belongs to no one." He walked towards another statue of a man and placed his hand on top. "This is a good opportunity to purify humanity. Don't you think so, Senku?" With a cold look, he raised his fist to destroy the statue, only to be stopped by Seku placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Not at all." was his reply. "I don't think that way at all. I'm a young man who's obsessed with machines, the universe, Doraemon, and loves scientific technology. I want to use the power of science to save all of mankind. Every one of them." The two men were so engrossed in the clash of their own moral beliefs that they failed to notice a certain lass sneaking away.

Senku inwardly chuckled as he observed Tsukasa's displeased expression. 'This guy is bad news.' he thought as he felt uneasy. So his instinct about this guy was right all along, and he was regretting reviving him instead of Yuzuriha. 'But if I hadn't revived him, we would've been killed by the lions. There was no other way. This guy wants to revive the youth too. So, before he knows the formulations of the revival fluid, he probably won't act rashly. We can never let him find out about the Miracle Fluid in the cave.'

Unfortunately, it seemed that he spoke too soon.

"Hey!" Senku and Tsukasa looked over to see an ecstatic Taiju running towards them with a container. "We have done it! Senku! Tsukasa! We have a full pot of Miracle Fluid from that cave! We can revive Yuzuriha now!" If only he knew why his friend had a look of horror. Luck was certainly not by his side this time.