|XXIII|

Scout woke up lying on the air mattress and she grumbled a bit in confusion, as she kicked out with her left foot and heard a grunt of pain in a clear response. "Stop kickin' me kiddo, or I'll kick you back twice as hard." Asher grumbled, rolling onto his side and they were both half asleep.

"Guys, get up!" Scout grumbled and she heard her father banging on her door. "Get up, let's go!" Daniel called out and Scout nudged Asher with her left fist and he opened his eyes with a grunt.

"I call first shower." Asher mumbled with a huge yawn splitting his mouth open, as he stretched and walked into the bathroom.

Scout went down the hallway to the other bathroom, taking a bunch of her clothes with her.

She shut and locked the door, as she looked at the bleeding patches on her back and neck, and she sighed slightly at the unfortunate situation.

She shut off the water and quickly dried herself off, as she brushed her hair and pulled on a loose tank top for her outfit for the day. She pulled on a pair of shorts and shrugged into her Serpent jacket, and she walked out of the bathroom quickly.

Asher and Robby were talking at the table, as Sam and Scout walked down the stairs quickly, and, they took their plates and sat down.

Scout was half-asleep after she had finished her third plate, as Asher was finishing his fifth and stealing Robby's extra to boot. Scout's head hits their kitchen table as she was quietly now snoring a little.

"Hey." Asher said and nudged her shoulder, which caused her to elbow him in the ribs with a quiet grumbling noise, and he nudges her again. "I will keep bugging you." He said and sighed as she finally opened her eyes and she hugs him instead. "Okay, that works, I guess. I mean, much better me, than your table." He said and she shrugged a bit.

"Moon's having a party later, are you guys in?" Sam questioned of them and Asher looked down and over at Scout, as they exchanged a few silent words.

"I'm in if Scout's up for it." Asher said with a trademark smirk on his face at the sight of Scout's face in the window and she nods.

"All right. If Ash is good, I can't say anythin' against that particular smirk, or so help us all, he will fricking drag me to that party no matter what I say."

Asher laughed and they all got up together and went to go get ready for the party.

Scout was lying on her bed and she was eating a granola bar, and Asher was sifting through his duffel bag of clothes. "Nope, nope, nope." He kept saying and Scout rolled her eyes, and she tossed the granola bar wrapper in the garbage can that was full of them.

"All right, move over." She said as he was finally beginning to get annoying to her, and he moves to the side. Scout walked over to the bag and she looked at it. "Here." She said and tossed a pile of clothes at him. "Wear your jacket to the party the ladies will be all over it."

Asher chuckled and Scout politely turned away, as he rolled his eyes at her. "You've seen me partially naked before." He pointed out and she looks stubbornly at her wall, that now had the Serpent symbol painted on it, and a massive wolf pack as well.

"Yeah, the upper half. I have no interest in accidentally, much less purposely seeing the other." Scout's voice was stubborn and Asher shrugs and pulled on the t-shirt and shrugged into the other clothes.

"Done. I'm decent now so are you happy again, kid?" He asked and she punched him in the stomach. "My bike is out front." He said and she'd toss him the keys. "When the hell did you get so good at swiping keys?" He asked and she laughed.

"When I met you." She said and hugged him quickly, as they stood there for a second or two... until they heard a honk from outside, where it was that Sam and Robby were without a doubt, now waiting on them.

"They're totally dating." Asher mumbled and Scout rolled her eyes at him, and she followed him down their stairs and they quickly hopped on his motorcycle, pullin' helmets on, just so that they weren't arrested, before they hit the party.