Chapter 13: The Good Year

That is how through various struggles we entered the fourth year of our relationship. The year was 2020. We had a heck lot of fun on 31st December, 2019. For the first time ever he finally danced with me and that is how my last year's resolution got complete. Making him dance with me. Dancing together I made weird faces and he laughed like hell seeing them, his laugh was the most beautiful. I still have a photo of him smiling that day. There was another blunder that happened we were supposed to be twinning that day with the colour purple. I wore my purple turtle neck and men being colour blind half the time, wore a violet full sleeves t-shirt. It was a disaster, we made it work and clicked a heck lot of pictures.

On the 1st of January (we hardly spent a day without meeting each other) I told him the year's resolution that I had made. To be the most perfect girlfriend for him, to which he had replied I already was perfect but you know me a resolution made would always be completed by me. From that day everyday would be his day, every hour would be about him and every minute would be spent thinking about him and in the end it would result in talking only about his day because I didn't have anything to talk about as I spent the whole day thinking about him, me becoming dependant on him, I practically grew up with him and not once he taught me how to live by myself.

I didn't know how to cross a road, I didn't know how to lift heavy objects, I didn't know how to walk alone on the streets, I didn't know how to make friends, I didn't know how travel alone because whenever I had to do these things either him or my parents where there with me. Most of all I didn't know how to love myself anymore.

And so I was forced to learn all these things when he left me. Yes, he left after all the promises he left. Ironic isn't it? How on the year I was supposed to be the perfect girlfriend, he left.

{Preferred Background Music: The Night We Met- Lord Huron, Phoebe Bridgers}