Pain

*Edited 5/1/17*

Laney's POV:
I wake up to the sound of heart monitors.

I open my eyes to see a nurse dressed in purple scrubs.

"What happened?" I asked her.

Could all this "vampire" stuff just be a dream? Maybe my stepmom just decided to get me treated after a bad hitting?.....Well, that was even more unlikely than the vampires.

"Someone stabbed you in the abdomen and it damaged an organ. You are lucky to be alive." She answered. I still felt alittle dizzy and disoriented.

So..it wasn't a dream?

"Where are my friends?" I asked quietly, my voice betraying me. The word "friends" sounded foreign on my lips. 

"They are in the lobby, would you like to see them?"

"Umm..sure. Please." I nodded.

She walked away, and came back with the same 4 boys that took me out of that hell hole I use to call home. They all came toward me, and carefully hugged me.

"I'm sorry guys. It wasn't my fault." I said with a tear going down my cheek.

"Shhh, you didn't know, it wasn't your fault. We shouldn't have left you." Louis said in my ear.

"Who did this?" Harry asked.

"My st-epmother." I said now crying my eyes out, realizing this was my life now.

"It's okay. We will never let her touch you again." Liam said holding me.

"How long have we been here?" I asked.

"2 days." They said together.

"What?!...Have you guys..? You know..I asked quietly so the nurses couldn't hear me.

If I had to live like this, I at least need to except that they needed to make changes and not hurt people. Maybe I was the one to help them?

"We've fed. We wouldn't stay in a hospital with an empty stomach, unless we wanted a murdering spree." Niall replied.

"Oh." I said, with a loss for words.

Coming Home:

Coming home, well more like they're home, was really hard. I had stitches, so I couldn't bend. And I had to take pain killers.

And when they wore off, let me just tell you it sucked! I was actually really surprised at how friendly and kind they could be...it was truly odd.