2.First Meet

The two siblings, Parth and Bondita, strolled back from the temple.

"Did you know, Gudiya, that on Mahashivratri, whatever we ask for from Lord Shiva, we surely receive?" Parth said.

"Yes, Dada, I know," Bondita replied in an obvious tone.

"So, what did you ask for?" Parth said, growing excited.

"Dada, no one should tell others about their wishes, or else they won't come true," she giggled.

"Okay, dear? Let me guess," he began, tapping his chin, pretending to ponder deeply. "Hmm... You must have asked for your love, or maybe your dream? Tell me, Gudiya."

"Dada, dreams aren't something to ask for, they're something we make come true ourselves. And as for love, I didn't ask for my love. I asked for his happiness," Bondita replied.

This entire conversation was overheard by some random women and an unknown person.

"Look at how disrespectful this girl is, talking about love with her brother," said a woman named Rama.

"This is what happens when girls are educated. She should be married off. I've heard Das Babu has decided her fate. That's why she's like this, with no shame or sense of decency! Normally, girls get married at 9 or 10 years old, but look at her, wandering around like this," said another woman in disgust, as if it were wrong for Bondita not to be married yet.

"What can we do when her father has made such a big decision for her!" Rama said again.After hearing all this, the unknown person grew angry.

Person's POV

What were they talking about? I was happy that the girl was educated, but these women were speaking ill about her. As women, how could they say something like this to another girl? I was about to say something when the girl spoke. For a moment, I was lost in her. She replied with a calm smile on her face, which was enough to melt my heart. She seemed to be around 16 or 17, but her words were so mature.

Author's POV

"What did you say, Auntie? I'm disrespectful? I was just talking to my brother. Is talking to my brother disrespectful? But if we think like me, then it's not me who's disrespectful, it's you! Is it disrespectful to listen to others' conversations?" Bondita said very calmly.

"And what did you say, Auntie? That I should be married off? I don't have the right to choose my groom? But why?" Bondita questioned them.

"Because you're a girl, and girls don't have the right to choose their grooms. And your marriageable age has passed. Where 9 or 10 years old, and you're 16," Rama said furiously.

"Who told you that girls don't have the right to choose their grooms? Maybe you haven't heard about the love story of Lord Shiva and Goddess Adishakti? Goddess Parvati accepted Lord Shiva as her husband when she was a child! Even Goddess Sita chose Lord Ram herself. Draupadi also had her swayamvar. Rukmini also chose Lord Krishna herself. So how can you say that girls don't have the right to choose their grooms?" Bondita argued with them, providing a logical explanation.

"And as for age, I'm only 16 years old now... If I'm 16, then what about Dada? He's 25 years old, so shouldn't Dada be married? Oh no, my Dada will remain single! What's happened to my Dada?" She cried dramatically, while Parth chuckled at his dramatic sister.

"Does age differentiate between boys and girls?" She questioned them again.

Suddenly, her eye went to the unknown person who was smiling like a fool at her answers. The unknown person was none other than Anirudh.