11. Eyes never lies

Surpriseeee!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Parth left, Bondita burst into tears again. She now started blaming herself for not listening to Anirudh, for not trusting him, for not trusting her love.

"Hey Dugga Maa! Ye mujhse kya hogaya? Maine kyun nahi suni Barrister Babu ki baat! Woh kitna roye, par main hi pagal thi jo unki ek nahi suni maine! Par ab main apni galti sudharungi aur jaanungi aisa kya hua ki Barrister Babu ko vivaah karna pada!" she said to herself.

("Hey Dugga Maa! What have I done? Why didn't I listen to Barrister Babu! He cried so much, but I was the fool who didn't listen to him! But now I will correct my mistake and find out what happened that Barrister Babu had to get married!")

She stood up, wiping her tears, and made her way towards the door. But accidentally, she put her foot on broken bangles, making her foot bleed. But it didn't matter—the only thing in her mind was to apologize to her Barrister Babu and to be by his side, no matter what!

She was standing near RC Mansion, tears continuously rolling down her cheeks, fighting with herself about whether she should go inside or not. What if her Barrister Babu hated her now? What if he didn't want to explain himself anymore? What if he was really married?

Finally gaining some confidence, she went in, but the view of the house broke her even more. RC Mansion was no longer bright like usual—all lights were off; it seemed dark, just like her life. The warmth and happiness were missing.

Then her eyes landed on Trilochan Kaka, who was sitting on the couch with his eyes closed and tear-stained cheeks. She sat near his feet and gently placed her hand on his knee.

"Ab kyun aayi ho yaha, Bondita beta? Anirudh ne vivaah kar liya. Phir kisse dekhne aayi ho?" he asked, but his eyes were still closed.

("Why have you come here now, Bondita? Anirudh has gotten married. Who have you come to see?")

"Kaka, ab mujhe iss ghar mein aane ka haq bhi nahi hai?" she asked softly.

("Kaka, don't I have the right to come into this house anymore?")

"Asa nahi Bondita, tum jab chaho tab yaha aasakti ho! Anirudh ki bevakufi ke karan hum tumhe dukhi dekhna nahi chahte!" he replied, placing his hand on her head.

("It's not like that, Bondita. You can come here whenever you want! We don't want to see you sad because of Anirudh's foolishness!")

"Kaka, mujhe Barrister Babu se baat karni hai!"

("Kaka, I need to talk to Barrister Babu!")

"Humhe nahi pata kaha hai woh nalayak! Tum khud hi dhund lo usse!" he said angrily.

("I don't know where that fool is! Find him yourself!")

She nodded and went upstairs towards his room. Trilochan noticed her red footprints and chuckled sadly, thinking how they were supposed to be footprints of Alta when she was supposed to come as Anirudh's bride, but now they were of blood because of his son's stupidity.

She didn't find Anirudh in his room. 'There is only one place where he can be,' she thought, and made her way towards the terrace, which was destroyed, everything shattered. There she found him sitting in a corner, hugging his knees with his head resting on them, his face wet, eyes red and puffy from continuous crying.

She sat beside him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Barrister Babu," she softly called him.