5.Jealousy

The next morning, Bondita woke up, got ready, and went to RC Haveli.

"Bondita, come in, beta..."

"Yes, Kaka. Shall we start the aarti for Dugga Maa?" she asked him.

"Yes, let's."

Trilochan Kaka and Bondita walked towards the idol of Durga Maa.

Trilochan Kaka and Bondita walked towards the idol of Durga Maa. Bondita started the aarti in her melodious voice. As she turned, she saw everyone standing behind her, except for Binoy.

"Arrey, did the sun rise in the west today?" Trilochan Kaka asked, amused.

"Why, Kaka? What do you mean?" Bondita asked.

"What's this non-believer doing in the temple today?" Kaka said, pointing at Anirudh.

Som and Batuk giggled, and Bondita chuckled.

"Kaka, w-what...I mean, I..." Anirudh fumbled for words.

"Let it be, let it be. We understand everything!" Kaka smirked at him.

"Alright, Kaka. I'll take my leave now," Bondita said, but Anirudh almost shouted.

"No!"

"What?" everyone asked in unison.

"I mean, what's the rush? Stay a little longer," Anirudh requested.

"No, Anirudh Babu, not today. Maybe next time. I have some work at home. Kaka ji, I'm leaving," Bondita said and left.

"'I have some work at home,'" Anirudh mimicked her.

"If she stayed a bit longer, what difference would it make?" he muttered under his breath, but it was loud enough for Kaka to hear.

"She'd get tired of your pointless principles," Kaka said sarcastically.

Anirudh's POV

After the aarti, I went to my room, but my mind kept wandering back to Bondita. To get some fresh air, I went to the terrace. I saw Bondita on her terrace, sitting on a swing and reading a book. She looked as beautiful as always. I was about to call out to her when I saw someone approach from behind and cover her eyes. Bondita's face lit up with a smile, indicating she knew the touch. She turned and hugged the boy. So this is her 'work at home,' huh? Wait, what are you thinking, Anirudh? What if he is the person Bondita loves? I need to find out who he is and if he is good for my Bondita. After all, her happiness is what matters to me!

I went to the Das mansion.

As soon as I entered, Sumati Maa stopped me. "Anirudh beta, what brings you here? Should I call Bondita?"

"No, Maa," I started calling her Maa since I lost my mother in childhood, and she insisted I call her Maa so I wouldn't feel lonely. "Nothing special. Where's Bondita?" I asked.