7. Confession

It was night, and Bondita went to Parth's room.

"Dada, can I come in?" she knocked.

"Of course, Gudiya, come in," he welcomed her, and she entered and sat beside him.

"What's on your mind?" he asked.

"Well, Dada, I told Anirudh Babu..." she narrated everything. "Now I'm afraid he might get angry. What if he does?"

"He won't be angry. Can I tell you a secret?" She nodded. "Anirudh also loves you."

"Really?!" She jumped in happiness.

"Yes, yes, Gudiya, it's true," he confirmed.

Bondita hugged him tightly. "Dada, you're the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me such wonderful news."

"Alright, now go to bed; it's very late," Parth said.

"Yes, Dada," she agreed.

She went to her room, feeling extremely happy after learning that her love, her Biristra Babu, her Anirudh Babu, loves her back. On the other hand, Anirudh was still trying to solve the mystery of who ARC was. He kept convincing himself that he should be happy, but deep down, was he really happy? The thought of one day having to give his love to someone else was breaking him, but he tried to convince himself that he was HAPPY.

The next morning, Bondita went to the RC Haveli as Kaka had instructed her to do the morning prayers, but this morning was different. Anirudh was nowhere to be found. Bondita asked about him, and Kaka told her to check if he was in the study. She found him there, but when she tried to talk to him, he ignored her. He was afraid of what she might ask about her love. However, he didn't realize that ignoring her was causing her pain. This continued for a few days, but now, Bondita couldn't tolerate his ignorance anymore. Lost in her own thoughts, she bumped into Som.

"Be careful, Bondita, where is your mind wandering?" Som asked, helping her up.

"It's in your Dada," she accidentally blurted out.

"What did you say? I don't think I heard you correctly," Som teased her.

"Nothing, nothing at all. Mother is calling me; I have to go," she tried to escape, but Som held her elbow.

"Where are you running off to?"

"Nowhere, Som Dada, please let me go."

"What's going on, Bondita?" He asked gently.

"Dada has been ignoring me ever since I told him that I love ARC. But he loves me too, right? Then why is he treating me like this?" Bondita said with teary eyes.

"Because, Bondita, Dada thinks ARC is someone else. He's looking for ARC. Now you'll have to tell him directly," Som explained.

Bondita hit her forehead. "Heyy bhagwan!!! Apnar dada ekdom pagol, Pagol Bengali. Now I'll have to do something..."

(Oh, dear God! Your Dada is completely crazy, a crazy Bengali.)

Without giving Som a chance to speak, she ran from there and went to her room, where she called Anirudh.

"Hello," she said.

Anirudh didn't reply upon hearing her voice.

"I know why you're not talking to me. But please, come home this evening. Please don't refuse," she pleaded.

"Alright," he said and hung up the call.

In the evening, Anirudh came to the Das mansion and went to Bondita's room.

"Biristra Babu, you've come. Come with me," she said.

"But where?" Anirudh asked her.

"Come along..."

She took his hand and dragged him with her.

"What's going on, Bondita? Why have you brought me to the terrace?" Anirudh asked.

"I asked you for something, remember?"

Anirudh lowered his head.

"You weren't talking to me, so I thought I'd introduce you to the person you wanted to meet."

He didn't respond.

"Come on, let me introduce you to him!"

She brought him to a large photo frame covered with red cloth.

"Remove the cloth and see who I love," she said.

Anirudh didn't want to face this situation, but he had to. He gathered the courage and slowly reached out towards the cloth. He closed his eyes and removed it...

"Open your eyes, Anirudh Babu," she said.

Anirudh unwillingly opened his eyes and was shocked to see what was in front of him. It was a mirror. He was so happy that tears of joy flowed from his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He was so happy that his happiness knew no bounds. He hugged her tightly and cried his heart out.

"Yes, Anirudh Babu, it's you, the one I love. I LOVE YOU. Since the day I read about you, I fell in love with you. I fell in love with your thoughts, whether it's bringing change to the country or fighting for women's rights. Log isse apka fitoor kehte hai apka pagalpan kehte hai lekin mujhe ishi pagalpan se pyar hai. Mujhe ishi pagal admi se pyar hai. Ami Tomake Bhalobasbi! Pagol Bengali" Bondita said, hugging him tightly.

(People call it your obsession, your madness, but I love that madness. I'm in love with that crazy man. I love you. Crazy Bengali)

Anirudh broke the hug.

"Wait a minute, Bondita, did you just call me crazy?"

Bondita playfully hit his head.

"Ofcourse how could you forget? Does anyone forget their own name? You were searching for ARC, right? Did you find him?"

Anirudh realized how foolish he had been and held his ears.

"I'm sorry; I truly am a fool!"

"Why are you calling my Biristra Babu fool," she pretended to be angry.

"Only Bondita has the right to call him Pagol Bengali."

Both burst into laughter. Suddenly, she blew her cheeks and turned away from him.

"What happened to my Chanchala?"

"You've troubled me a lot. You know how bad I felt when you ignored me," she complained.

"What should I do to make my sulking Bondita happy?" Anirudh asked her.

"Um... you have to give me roshogulles!"

"Okay, I'll..."

"No! You always give me those. Um... yes! You have to sing a song for me!"

"What?! Singing? No, no, no. My voice is off-key," he made an excuse.

"Who said that? Every word that comes out of your mouth is sweeter to me than any melody," she insisted.

"Ask for something else, Bondita," he pleaded.

"Alright, then I won't talk to you," she stuck her tongue out.

"Okay, okay, I'll sing."

"Maine Jab Dekha Tha Tujhko 
Raat Bhi Woh Yaad Hai Mujhko
Taare Ginte Ginte So Gaya
"

He sang for her Bondita smiled at him.

"Dil Mera Dhadka Tha Kass Ke
Kuch Kaha Tha Tune Hass Ke
Main Usi Pal Tera Ho Gaya
"

Bondita looked at him in surprise and tearful eyes not only she but he also loved her when he saw her.

"Aasmano pe Jo khuda hai
usse meri yahi dua hai
chand yeh Har Roz main dekhu tere sath mein
"

Bondita hugged him both stayed in each others embrace.