Vol 2/Ch 12 - Magical Artifacts

With Thomas and Cecily finally leading the way, Allen gets to begin his tour of the great city of London.

The area in which they toured was the market district of London, where citizens and visitors alike can walk around the densely populated area buying all sorts of things such as food, clothes, items, accessories, weapons, and armor. The market district was a very large portion of the city of London, aside from the port district and the housing districts.

Most of the sellers within the market district owned small to fairly decent sized market stalls very close to the main roads throughout the district where they could be up close and personal to anyone walking by, and having a higher chance of getting peoples' attention to buy their products.

Higher-end stores and market shops had their own buildings run by several merchants where they could more easily import or produce their goods, which then they could easily sell within the building. Several market stalls were small branches out of those buildings in an attempt to sell their goods in many different places within the market district.

"Aw man, there are so many things here I wanna buy!," Thomas enthusiastically said as his eyes darted around.

"But, you don't have the money to buy them," Cecily laughed.

"You don't have to keep reminding me!," Thomas exclaimed.

The trio were currently looking at the various items that the merchants were currently selling. Mostly just some of the regular items.

"Hey Thomas, aren't there magical items too, right?," Allen asked, remembering his first time here before he took the entrance exam.

Thomas turned around to look back at Allen. "Of course there is! We are saving the best for last!," he grinned as they kept walking and browsing around.

They even approached some food stalls, which Thomas kept drooling over but Cecily had to keep pushing him to move forward before he made any moves that could result in them getting into trouble.

Before they could continue forward, Allen heard a sudden shuffling of people running around. Curious, he and others around him looked to see what was going on.

"After him!," A voice came from the crowd.

He suddenly saw a few of the magical knights apprehend what looked like a middle aged man.

"I'm not a fire mage! I swear!," the man yelled in pure fear.

Allen could only look in horror upon the scene as the magical knights carried him away. No one else around him did anything besides watch the scene unfold upon them. What could anyone do, anyway?

"Kill the fire mage!"
"We don't want you here!"
A few of the spectators nearby began to scream insults and threats to the fire mage. With fire magic being banned, you still had many who wanted to keep it that way.

Allen suddenly felt a hand fall on his shoulder. He turned around to see Thomas.

"Don't worry about it Allen. This is something that happens a lot here in London," he said while not taking his eyes off the scene in front of them. "Let's just keep moving, okay?"

"Y-yeah," Allen managed to respond.

As Thomas and Cecily began to keep walking, and the other spectators began to get back to what they were doing for the day, Allen couldn't help but stand there for a moment feeling guilty. He lifted his right hand, still covered by his singular glove he always wears. He looked at it briefly, knowing there's nothing he can do about his fire magic besides hide it. Regardless of the fact he did not choose to have fire magic, he must still live with it, and make sure no one else finds out about it. After a few moments, he caught up with Thomas and Cecily.