Vol 3/Ch 28 - Bitter Rivalry to Friendship

Now that Allen had finally defeated Stephen in their duel, he had accomplished what he wanted to. He wanted to get through to Stephen that the issue he was having was not him or even William, but the guilt that he felt.

His main objective for the duel was not to win, but to get through to Stephen. While the victory he had was great, getting through to Stephen was more important to him.

Allen feels that Stephen can be a great friend to not just him and Rose, but also to Thomas and Cecily if he ever starts to talk to them. He seems to be a very trustworthy and sincere person, but sometimes his emotions can get the better of him.

Shortly after the duel ended, Ms. Clark had some of the academy nurses check up on both Stephen and him for injuries. Luckily Stephen had little to no injuries, but the same could not be said for Allen.

Allen ended up with several cuts all across his body, from his head all the way down to his legs. He had bled out some of his blood, resulting in his outfit being stained. Luckily, he had several outfits he could wear that the academy issued out in case for this very reason.

The nurses had helped him to the infirmary, while Stephen was able to leave the duel grounds without having to join him.

Being back in the infirmary just about a week after he was here last sucked majorly. Not just because he was out of class again and unable to see his friends unless they visited, but he got quite the lecture from Rose when she was able to stop by the earliest she could for the first time (which was a day later).

"Do you even know how furious I am with you?!," Rose had yelled, being the first thing she said to Allen after making sure he was okay first.

Allen had to do the best he could to explain to her that they weren't that major of wounds and that he had suffered worse wounds training with William, but that didn't help at all. In fact, Allen was sure that it made it worse.

"Both you and William seriously thought it was okay to train to such extreme levels?!," was what came out of her mouth not long after Allen's explanation.

A bit of explanation and reassurance later, Rose finally stopped getting on his butt about it, at least for now. She had left not long after.

Cecily and Thomas had visited him not too long after Rose had left and they even commented how they saw her walking in a "huff" down the halls. They had also wanted to check up on him to make sure if he was alright, but didn't freak out like Rose did (although they did comment on how he was just here about a week ago). Not long after they had their discussion, they too finally left.

Now with that out of the way, Allen could finally take a nap and rest, or so he thought. It was then that Allen got his final visitor for the day.

The door to the infirmary creaked open, and in came Stephen Windblade himself. This was the first time Allen had seen him since his duel with him.

He seemed to awkwardly walk in, nothing like how he first walked in when Allen first met him here in the infirmary just about a week ago.

"Hey Allen, mind if I come in?," he awkwardly asked, even though he already walked in.

"Yeah, that's fine," he responded, giving him an awkward smile.

"Thanks," he gave an awkward smile in return, then took a seat next to Allen's infirmary bed.

"How are you doing? The injuries starting to heal?," he asked, while adjusting himself in the unfortunately uncomfortable infirmary chair.

"I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking," he responded. "And yes, the injuries are starting to heal. The nurses say I should be able to get out of here more than likely by tomorrow"