Vol 10/Ch 95 - A Duel of Resolves

"Welcome all once again, for the fourth round of the Annual Magical Knights Tournament!"

The twin announcers Misa and Lisa's voice filled the arena, grabbing everyone's attention. Students, faculty and other citizens of England alike filled the crowd, cheering on as they waited in excitement for the beginning of the next set of duels. Everyone became more ecstatic as the tournament reached its halfway point, with many prominent students alike showcasing their magical prowess and skills.

"And for today's first duel, we have something special!," Lisa's voice went higher pitched, matching the excitement of the crowd. "Misa, would you do the honors?"

"Of course dear sister!," Misa responded, matching Lisa's enthusiasm. "For our first duel of the fourth round, we have none other than the Weakest Mage, Allen Fleming, versus our Blue Rose and Student Council President, Rose Marion!"

The crowd roared with excitement, and the mention of two prominent mages who have showcased their abilities, making the duels much more interesting to watch.

"As you all know, our Student Council President, rank 3A, has shown us amazing techniques, with the flurry of her family's rapier and her immense magical spells!," Lisa spoke as she drew in the crowd's attention. "No doubt everyone has their eyes on the Blue Rose, who is surely shooting for another victory today!"

The crowd went wild, as many of the students who looked up to their Student Council President eagerly awaited her appearance.

"But I'm sure many of you also have your eyes on our Weakest Mage, rank 1F!," Misa continued from where Lisa left off. "While lacking in the ability to spellcast, he has shown us a new kind of strength with the ability to cut down his opponent's spells, and his dedication to each hard earned victory!"

Once again the crowd yelled with excitement, with those who wished for Allen's victory instead. While more favored the popular Blue Rose's victory, those who were lower in rank and status wished on the victory of someone similar.

"But the biggest factor of this duel for our Weakest Mage is it being his fourth and final duel that he needs to secure victory on to continue remaining at our prestigious academy!," Lisa spoke, as the crowd quieted down.

"That's right dear sister!," Misa cut in. "However, with our Weakest Mage going up against our Blue Rose in his fourth duel, this will surely put everyone on the edge of our seats! Will Allen Fleming manage to push through and defeat our strong Blue Rose and pass one of his conditions to remain, or will Rose Marion defeat the Weakest Mage, throwing him back at the bottom? Stay around to find out!"

While the arena was filled with excitement and cheers, Allen Fleming's thoughts tuned it all out as he entered the arena. Just how will he defeat Rose and secure victory? Will his plans succeed, or fail?

While Allen has defeated Rose in the past, they had only been practice duels, and not any official duels that went on his record. With Rose already having defeated Cecily, and will no doubt be using her full strength, will Allen stand a chance?

Allen walked up towards the middle of the arena, where both the duel referee and Rose herself awaited. Rose had an expressionless look on her face, very similar to the look she had before when Allen saw her arguing with Cecily in the hallways.

This duel is not only going to be between who we are now, but as well as who we once were, with our past together, Allen thought to himself, as he tried to piece memories of the past together.

Allen looked at Rose and tried to remember the young, energetic girl who hated losing more than anything. Confident, caring, but with a sharp tongue. Allen hated losing too, but she was always a step above him.