20

She giggles a little, unable to process the pure joy she's feeling as she lays in Fred's bed his body pressed to hers as he holds her.

"Well that was fun," Fred smirks, it's typical Fred, not wanting to admit to his deep feelings and instead making light of a topic, she doesn't mind though, she knows that's how he is and she loves him for it.

"It was," she agrees, turning in his arms to face him. He can't help himself from leaning down and pressing a kiss to her lips, softer and more gentle, he knows now that she's his and he has all the time in the world.

"Lucian doesn't know what he's missing," Fred smirks, she laughs, slapping his arm gently.

"We should get back yknow? Katie would kill us if she knew we were missing her party,"

"5 more minutes," he sighs, curling closer into her.

"Tell you what, you get up now and after the party we can sleep in my bed together,"

"Round 2?" He smirks

"As long as you cuddle me after," she agrees

"Lovie, you have read my mind," he grins, loosening his grip on her as she rolls out of the bed. He admires her as she pulls her clothes back on

"You might wanna fix your makeup," he comments, climbing out of bed and getting dressed himself. He smiles at the sight of her leaning into his mirror, rearranging her messy hair and fixing her makeup.

He wraps his arms around her from behind, squeezing her close to him as he presses a kiss to her neck.

"You should fix your hair," she smirks, he rolls his eyes dramatically but pulls away from her to do as told.

"I'll see you down there," she grins, pushing onto her tiptoes to press a kiss to his cheek before slipping out of the room. He smirks as he notices the way shes limping slightly, turning back to the mirror to continue fixing his appearance.

She pushes her way back through the crowd in the direction of Angelina and Alice, unable to wipe the grin from her face.

"Someone's been having fun," Angelina teases, gesturing to the hickey on her friends neck. She blushes wildly and accepts the drink Alice is handing her.

Fred arrives behind the group, wrapping an arm around her shoulder with George following closely behind.

"You  girls okay?"  Fred questions to the group but he smiles down at her and she grins happily, basking in the way his attention all seems to be on her.

"Just talking about how much fun you and Emmie have been having," Alice teases, Fred smirks as he watches his girl blush a deep red.

"We do have fun, don't we sweetheart?" He smirks and she rolls her eyes at him making him grin.

It felt different, better, knowing that the little moments when he'd catch her eye or she would lean into his touch were real. He relished in it and allowed himself to relax. Drinking and enjoying his evening.

After a few hours she left the group to go and speak to Cedric and Fred watched her with a fond smile as she slipped from the crowd.

"Wow, nice hickey," Cedric teases as she approaches him, a drink in his hand and a smile on his face. "Wait!" He suddenly realises, his smile getting even wider "You guys finally admitted it?" He questions, she nods and he pulls her into a tight hug.

"I am so happy for you!" He calls as he releases her from his grip.

"Thank you," she smiles happily and the whole thing is utterly platonic. It's a friend who had been a shoulder to cry on for so long hearing that everything had been resolved.

But to Fred, who was staring like a hawk from across the room and had no clue that Cedric had known the whole time, it felt like so much more.

It was the girl he was in love with leaving his side to go and hug her ex boyfriend, however brief their relationship may have been. His heart tightens in his chest as he watches her grinning and laughing with Cedric and he tries his hardest not to overthink.

He knew her and she wasn't like that. She wouldn't want to hurt him. She wouldn't hurt him.

But as she grabs his arm talking excitedly it was hard to remember that.