From Darkness Born

I walk out of the stairwell first, because I have to hold off the Daleks that are possibly in the hallway.

I peer around the corner carefully. There are five Daleks in front of the Biology lab in a half-circle. They stare straight ahead. I can vaguely hear talking from down the hall.

With one more look at the guys, I step out into view. The Daleks are about to scream their war cry when I thrust out my hands and surround them with my aura. The guys immediately run to the nearest classrooms.

From inside the door, the Master stops talking. I grimace and start to kill the five Daleks like I did my first one earlier. The strain on my powers is minimal, but I can feel it.

With the clicking of his boots, the Master walks into view. At the sight of me, his face stays calm, but his mouth opens. I assume that he is going to order the Daleks in the other rooms to kill.

With my concentration on the five Daleks, I take a chance to throw some of my magic at the Master and pray for the best. When I glance at him again, he is trying to pry some purple magic away from his mouth.

The Daleks in front of me finally turn into the basketballs that I wanted them to be. I stop channeling my powers to them and they drop to the floor with a loud 'thud'. The Master, in his silence, backs up as I advance into the room.

"My friends are dealing with the rest of the Daleks." I tell him. "Soon, you won't have any leverage."

When I enter the room, the first thing I see is the Doctor. He is nailed to his own Tardis (the blue box from earlier). His hands are raised above his head, a single nail driven through both. His feet are in the same sad state. He looks like he is about to faint from pain. All in all, he looks like I imagine Christ did on his cross. Behind him, the Tardis groans and glows with a sickly color.

In anger, I turn towards the Master again. I see his eyes widen with fear as he s lifted up and thrown against a wall. I restrain him with wrist and ankle cuffs.

A low buzzing meets a high-pitched squealing in my mind. My blood is boiling but my only wish is to help the Doctor. The emotions conflict in my mind as I try to fight off my demon side.

"Not now." I mutter as I fall to the ground. I pray to God that my magic will still hold.

"Raven!" I hear Robin yell. They must have gotten everyone out.

"Raven, Raven, Raven." A slightly familiar voice says mockingly. In my confusion, I struggle to match the voice. I roll over on the ground to look at him. The Master, free from his bonds. "Well, at least you managed to stall until all of the Daleks were dead."

I throw my hand in his direction, but hear Robin cry out instead. The Master looks towards the door and grins.

"Your magic is very helpful." He tells me. "I don't know what's wrong, but it's helping me loads. First you put up a barrier that your friends can't cross, then you hurt one of them? This is my lucky day." He turns back to the Doctor.

Oh no. Did I hurt Robin?

A new emotion stirs and adds itself to the growing mixture in my stomach. I manage to stand on my feet because I love Robin.

The Master looks back at me and growls in frustration. "You don't stay down, do you?"

I see something glint in his hand, but too late. A gunshot rings out in the classroom, and then I am falling.