From Darkness Born

I was born of evil and fire.

The girl speaking has a voice exactly like mine. Unemotional, detached.

 Nothing was expected of me, except for my beliefs.

Trigon is power.

Trigon is strength.

Trigon is perseverance.

Trigon is all.

The black screen seems to move, and I realize it is my cloak. The view slowly pans up, the screen getting lighter as it goes.

When my abilities emerged, the monks that cared for me were elated. A living example of their god was here. They believed I was gifted with these powers in order to show the non-believers that Trigon existed, and he would rule over all. A little girl meant nothing in their eyes.

My emotions were abused to begin with, but there was one instance that would destroy them for good.

The boys are torn between looking at me and the screen. My silence is answer enough to their questions. Everything being spoken is true.

I was trained on the roof of my house. The monks all watched in awe as I moved things at their insistence. Little did they know, every time I move something, I lose a piece of myself.

The boys look at me in alarm, and I take a deep breath. I really didn't want them to know that.

One monk finally asked me if I could move the house across the street. Ten years worth of abuse suddenly built up in me, and I turned to look at him. He saw something in my eyes that day, and for the first time, he seemed scared. Then his neck broke.

The music in the background has been building up, and a sickening crack is heard. Meanwhile, on screen, my hood comes into view, closely followed by my hair. Interesting. So my hair is long. The wind picks up, and the panning suddenly goes at a diagonal. My face comes into view, and tears stream down my face. The actress looks shockingly like me. Behind her, a very ugly storm is brewing. The music picks up again.

Trigon was so pleased, my next birthday present was his killing of the monks. I felt sick. These people had pledged their lives to him.

The woman who had carried me for nine months was among the dead.

My father didn't care. And why should he? He's the one that killed her.

The view zooms out again, and I suddenly realize that the on-screen Raven is standing on Titan's Tower. The storm behind her is revealed to be massive, and it soon blots out all of the light on the screen. The music fades, then changes, and the words Jump City, 2013 fill the screen. A motorcycle zooms by, and a high-speed chase begins.

The boys seem filled with questions, but I pull up my hood, and they back off. For now.

The Robin on-screen catches the thief with little trouble, and soon the movie is in full swing. All of the actors look frighteningly similar, we soon find out. And I'm not talking about 'they did a good job up in Hollywood' good. I'm talking about 'they got our clones to film this movie for them' good. All except for Starfire's character. That one is more of a 'ridiculous Hollywood' actress. The movie is accurate, too. Backstories and all. Something the general public should not know. Something even the NSA doesn't know.

At one point, Beast Boy leans over to me and whispers, "Rachel? Your name is Rachel?"

I simply glare at him until the movie supplies me with ammunition. I smile and lean over. "Garfield?"

He reddens in return and says nothing. Cyborg is the next to be graced with embarrassment. "Victor?!?!" We both hiss. Robin shuts us up before we start fighting.

The movie is near the end when we receive Robin's flashback information.

"DICK?!?!" We all hiss as one. Someone shushes us as we all stare at Robin in confusion. He is trying to resist his blush.

Those are only small lights in an otherwise sad movie. The storyline ends up being exactly what we experienced only a few days ago. When Starfire dies, I can hear multiple fans crying. I think BB is, too. I am stoic, desperate to keep my emotions in control. Robin's hand finds mine, for my comfort as much as his.

When the credits roll up the screen, we are all shell-shocked. Most of the people file out, while others stay to watch the end, like us.

"That was creepy." Beast Boy remarks.

"How did they..." I swallow, trying to get my mouth more wet.

"They really shouldn't know all of that."

We all turn to look at each other in confusion. If we had still been watching the screen, we would have seen what made everyone else laugh. A blue police box, followed by the words, Thank you to Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven for sharing their story with me.